Saturday, April 13, 2013

Watsons Bay

I overslept today. Woke up at around 10:30ish. Despite the very fact that I told my friends that we should meet up at 11:30. I got an hour for preparation.

I was going to Watsons Bay with Ko Sui, Ci Grid, Untoro, Wilson, Bunga, Della, Raymond, Cim, Nichole. We were supposed to gather at Circular Quay. But before then, I had to meet up with Della, Bunga, Wilson, Nichole and Raymond , along with Cim. We were going by bus to Circular Quay together.

a plane wrote this unidentified word in the sky
The whole lot of us excluding Raymond walked to the nearest bus stop. It appeared to be a usual thing that Raymond was running slow. We were all waiting for him. It was a good thing that by the time he arrived, we were all still waiting for the bus. So, mistakes were forgiven and he was let loose. Nonetheless, I was super excited having to be able to borrow Bunga's canon camera! It was beyond incredible! I want one too! :(
Took photos while waiting!

Nichole holding her massive toblerone 

my bus 2! 

saw this poor little doll discarded in the bin.

finally! RAYMOND has arrived! 
I am so mean right now, trying to corner Raymond in this post. Sorry Ray, if you're reading this. Look on the bright side, your name is being repeated several times already and it is just the beginning of the post. HUAHAHAH.. You're famous! Just kidding..

There was an unfortunate incident actually for Ci Sapi. She saw us waiting at the bus stop across the road inside Ci Hilda's car, she shouted my name, I didn't hear a sound.. Ooh, sounds like Clay Aiken's Invisible song. LOL.

in the bus

I have no idea what this monument is

finally arrived

These dudes were actually doing that twirl jump thing, I don't know what that is called, it was super cool, he did it twice, and I missed both jumps. I was about to capture the jumping thing with the camera, however, failure had befallen upon me

Arrived at Circular Quay.. Waited for Ci Grid, Ko Sui and Untoro near Wharf 4 . They were from McDonald.

picture speaks for itself.

they've arrived

bought tickets here

yey.. obtained tickets.. cost about 11$
preparing to go in the ferry

welcome aboard
I was literally the last one to come on board the ferry. The guy was shouting to hurry up, but it was a good thing I could still capture this shot before going into the ferry.
Opera house
haha.. what a messy photo.. the wind was blowing our hair.
just to make up for the upper photo in which della covered her face, this is a solo picture of her :3
Ko sui
just look at the view! GORGEOUS

Nichole


silly photo

err... what a not-so-ordinary photo

more weird photo

Bunga being model-like.. wanna be on top.. nananana

a sailboat

a flag flying in the air

almost arrived

yey! Watsons Bay


the sun is up in the sky

there is the fish and chips restaurant right there

walking walking

more photos

photo-ing again

waited in line at Doyles Fishermans Wharf

cute.. this reminds me of a painting I have seen when I was younger

jumping pose




this is cute

the FOOD
It was a long queue. People were still waiting for their food to be ready. People in this context was referring to Cim. Cim and my dish (we were sharing the combo pack) had not even done. Despite the fact that our number came before Bunga and Della..


there were a lot of these birds chilling out. what is this bird called again?
they were finding a spot under a tree

Digging in time
The food was really good! Man, I keep on repeating the word "good". That's just because my vocabulary is too limited. And I don't even bother to open the thesaurus online to look for more replacements on the word "good". That's okay I guess. To the very least, the readers could still understand what I mean. Simple words and simple sentences are the best way to enable the reader to capture the whole aspect of this post/blog.

Speaking about the food, the fish was deeeee-licious! It was legend-wait for it-dary! LEGENDARY! Best fish and chips I have eaten. Wait a second, that reminds me, I think I have never eaten a fish and chip before in Jakarta. All of you might have known the famous-and-yet-so-expensive-but-not-that-expensive-compared-to-Aussie's fish and chips restaurant in Jakarta called the Fish & Co right, yep, that one, I have never tried their fish and chips. Well, I have sat at that place waiting and chatting with my friends, but I didn't order anything. So, to make a not-so-long story short, this is the best Fish and Chip I have eaten EVER! Ooh, notice too much usage of hyphenated phrases to avoid the browsing of vocabulary substitutes online. I should do this more often. It not only benefits the length of this post but also it eases my typing rate to be more continuous which means that I only type and not do any clicking with my mouse. Yeah, you get the picture.

after lunch photo
unconsciously, our tops match one another in pairs.
After lunch, we continued our sight seeing journey. From down there we had to go uphill to reach for the stairs to the famous cliff. I was actually looking forward to climbing up these stairs but not going uphill. I hate inclined hills. I know stairs and hills are particularly similar to one another. But I have no idea why, going uphill takes so much effort, I could just feel my weight being pulled down more with the great help of gravity, not to mention the sweet loving inclined angle from myself to the ground. I am so drifting out of the topic right now.

We made it to the top after some time of torturous inclination. I keep on repeating the word "incline". I know, grammar polices are everywhere.

the suicidal cliff attractive tourist site.
the other side
Ko Sui and Ci Grid told us that this cliff was famous due to the numerous suicidal accidents that have happened here. Should I say that this is the most recommended suicidal sight for mankind? I guess not. No idea why, just a random idea popping up my mind, this cliff reminds me of the cliff in Dark Shadows,  a Tim Burton's movie, the one in which if I was not mistaken one of the characters of whose name I do not recall was possessed by a witch to kill herself by jumping off the cliff.


group photo once more with Ko Sui missing.

couples wrote their names on this rock
I took courage in climbing up these rocks to capture those who were below. I almost fell and might sprain my ankle while coming down. Thank God that didn't happen.

Proceeding to our walk, we passed a wedding! It was beautiful. They were still setting up with all the decorations though. It was an outdoor wedding and that would turn out pretty well.


Cim was on the phone

ooh a flower

ooh a mushroom


Went to and passed the beach. Pretty crowded.




those holes were for ammunition. for war during those war times happening in Aussie. Don't know when

we were both standing on dried mud! It smells disgusting. Like a fading smell of a sewer perhaps?

Nichole's toblerone is without a doubt tasted heavenly! Gigantic piece of triangle chocolate that melts in that day's scorching heat
err
a cannon




trying to make a heart but ended up with a distorted shapeless heart.

a lighthouse!




Then it was time to head back where we came from. The sun was almost setting down.


awkward..

duck lips..

darth vader pose
..
Unto trying to mimic the "mother of God" meme on 9gag. hmm.. close enough



LOL this was also inspired from a 9gag post. LOL.
Along our way back, found this cute cat! Della was obsessed with it. She missed her 2 adorable cats back home.


Another incident happened as well, met Guy Sebastian. That's just because angels brought me here. HAHA...At first I didn't who he was. Well I have heard his name somewhere before. I know he is a singer and famous one too. But I have no idea what he looks like and what songs he sings. But then, at night, when Cim let me listen to his songs, apparently, I have listened to it before and also liked it, however, I didn't know who sings it.  

Guy Sebastian~
It was time to wait for the ferry and leave the bay.


reunited with Santa and Earl.



another writing in the sky

another sleepy face caught on camera

the lighted opera house.

awkward face..


there are people climbing on top of that bridge
We arrived at the City! And we were all starving. Well, I bet I was the only one starving, oh well.




Met Ci Karlina and her friend, Malvin.


Ate at Oiden!

me and bunga ordering food

Santa's unready face and earl.

my dinner! I shared it with Cim. Don't act so surprise with the large bowl we ordered.

bon apetit
When we went out, so this bunny mascot standing in front of a yougurt place.


It was overall a complete blast the whole day! I had tons of fun sightseeing, eating and taking photos! I crave to do something like this in the future! It was AMAZEBALL!

Oh yeah, before catching our bus, we went to Hyde Park. However, it was too dark to take photos of the statues and fountains. I tried taking photos of it but it didn't show up in the picture. The flash didn't work.

Went back straight home. Charged my laptop, copied the pictures, select the pictures that are going to be deleted or saved, there were too many photos. There are still more photos excluding the photos I have uploaded above. You might want to check facebook to get the rest of the ultimate funness from today.

At about 10 o'clock, I went out of my room to the outside of the common room to the place where I could access the UNSW free internet. It was a good thing, the weather was not that chilly. It tends to get chilly as it gets dark these days. Luck was on my side then! As soon as I got access to the internet, I uploaded these photos on facebook. 






6 comments:

  1. CRRYYSS!!
    How are youuu?!?!?!
    I just read ur blog post about ur last day at JIC.. REALLY MISS THOSE TIMESS!!!
    Going to cry anytime now! hahahaha

    Miss u so much! GBU alwaysss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLARE!!! I am fine!!! HOW ARE YOU!

      FYI, I have been waiting for your blog post you know! YES I KNOW RIGHT! Those good all times yahhh.. duhhh..

      GBU TOO CLARE!!! BLOGGGGG!!

      Delete
  2. It's my finals week. TOMORROW IS MY LAST ONE! HAHAHA
    I'll TRY to blog after that! hehehehe
    anw, how's aussie?
    How's ur major studies going on? what's that bio something? i kept forgetting!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW.. I JUST NOTICED!!!
    YOU MET EARL?!?!?!?!
    WHEREEEEE??? HOOOWWW?? HAHAHHAA
    HOW'S HE?? Where'd he go to? what's his major??
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I MET EARL! hahahahaha! he's fine! he's doing chemical engineering and sth else i forgot. hahaha..
      I am so looking forward with your blog post !!! GOOD LUCK FOR TEST! NEXT WEEK IS MY MID EXAM!

      Delete
  4. Wow, its cool that u guys get to see the beauty of Watson Bay. Btw you know the photo of a bird that you took and you said u didn't know wat it was called? That bird is called seagull.

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top