Friday, April 12, 2013

Hot Pot and Indonesian Cultural Workshop

Woke up so late today at 9-ish. And I still couldn't believe myself that someone intercom-ed me ! Apparently there was a delivery for me from ebay once more. Bought orange macbook case. The cutest thing ever. I had no idea why I would fall for orange colour. Anyway, I answered the mail girl still wearing pyjamas, uncombed hair, unwashed face. Students were practically looking at how messed up I was when I answered and attained the item downstairs.

Later on in the afternoon, there were guests coming!

Sheila, Vira and Andrian came over to have steamboat! Cim bought the frozen steamboat balls the other day and it was superb!


Vira and Cim, cooking

voila

you might not believe this but he actually painted two of his finger nails. 

five bowls of steamy hot pot. 
Took photos before digging in..












used a cardboard box for table



washing the dishes. 
lemon tart for dessert
After lunch, went to the Roundhouse for an Indonesian Cultural Workshop with these bunch of guys plus Bunga and Della. It was smaller than expected, I have never been to the inside of Roundhouse before and the inside is basically round, no wonder it's called the roundhouse. The event was located inside of one of the rooms.


batik making

barong

gamelan





sheila and vira

grace learning

vira learning

della
spectators watching someone playing the gamelan


bunga
cynthia volunteering
group photo
polaroid
The workshop was amazing enough! Got 2 indomie from a lucky draw! I got the lucky draw coupons from learning to play the traditional instrument. Learned and played Gundul-gundul pacucul. I am not sure if that is the right spelling. But it's a pretty simple Indonesian song.

Cim, Vira and I didn't stay for long in the workshop, went back to the terrace and there was a free sample from a new opening shop called Jumma near the Uniterrace and IGA.

some kind of green rice i suppose. it tasted good.
Then we wandered around the Uniterrace from the uppest floor to kill time.




why did i look like wearing stockings. I wore leggings you know.. err.. awkward.
That's most of what I did today. Not to forget! Went to Bible study! I have been looking forward towards this for the whole week. And to my surprise, it is not only me who has been psyched about bible study, Raymond too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top