Monday, April 8, 2013

Cim's 19th Birthday

The 8th of April has come, and if you have been a loyal reader to my blog or at least those of you who know my one and only elder sister, Michelle Priscilla Tika, might have known that it's her birthday today. I believe, this is the first time I address her with her full name in this blog.

I was actually planning to stay up longer at night so that I could wish her as the clock stroke a minute past midnight! However, I was super tired and fell asleep.

It was a good thing that I slept early which benefitted me to wake up at 6:30 in the morning. I made her a birthday sandwich consisting of 4 slices of bread smeared with strawberry jam and peanut butter. You could actually call it a peanut butter and jelly birthday sandwich aka PB&J sandwich! This is one of the disadvantages of being unable to cook/bake/or anything handy in the kitchen.

bday sandwich
Woke Cim up and handed her with the birthday sandwich. Since there is no candle, I used a piece of a Korean snack (more or less like a twistie), dipped in jam (to look like a lighted candle) and sprinkled some chocolate grains (meses if you call it in Indo, I am too lazy to find the english word for this, I have a lot of blog posts to be published! ) for decoration.

bday girl



told her to eat that korean snack as a substitute for blowing a birthday candle
At around noon, I started my uni class. Finished at 5, met up with my Group Enzyme Protocol group mates. Then at 6, met up with Grace, Bunga, Della, Raymond, Earl, Santa, Nichole to surprise Kathleen's belated birthday. 

Then, Raymond and I were late for Cim's birthday dinner at Ci Icing's place. When we arrived, most of everyone had almost finish with their plates. 

The food was really good. You can never go wrong with Chinese food. 

Ci fen2 and Cim and WILSON! He keeps on popping up on every photo. argh
group photo

LOL.

didn't know what Ci Lily and Ci Grid were doing back then
There was desert afterwards too.

Anyway, after all of us had finished eating, it was time for question and answer time. Cim was asked to sit on the hot seat to be asked several questions. It was really entertaining. 

Cim in the hot seat. 

Cim with Ci fen2 and half of Ci Copin.
 During the middle of the questions time, Ci Icing surprised Cim by turning off the light and brought in Cim's birthday cake.

yey, Ci Icing.


shouldn't have used flash.. 






the cake

first cake to Ko Sui
Meanwhile, Sheila, Vira, Andrian came to Ci Icing's place, again with another surprise for Cim! They brought another birthday cake. Cim cried :) She was so moved.

crying cim

blurry hands.. 


Andrian, Cim, Vira and Sheila

cutting the cake

more questions time

Ci Fen2's quote "Dunia itu tidak adil" ..Too bad, I still don't have the time to edit this photo with those words on this picture




There was another session of this birthday bash, Ci Icing took out a face-painting kit for all of us to destroy Cim's face.

Cim's before face
let the magic of transformation begin
after photo

....LOL....
It was around 9, and I headed back home. Thanks again to Gosali for driving me home! And to Ko Howie, Ko Popo, Ci Sapi for giving their seats to me and Raymond in the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top