Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jean's BBQ Chilli Chicken

Today, I got the most extraordinary experience ever! I had been worrying about this since last night and I was stupendously happy that it turned out better than expected.

I woke up around half past 7. Quickly showered! I am deeply in love with Cim's Palmolive body wash soap. It smells so refreshing and it lasts longer than the Imperial Leather soap I got at the Uniterrace. I have to buy this body wash as soon as my imperial leather is finished. LOL.

Ci Icing woke up early too. She prepared a ham and cheese sandwich for the both of us!

Ham and Cheese with soya pandan milk
 You must have been wondering what experience I have achieved today. So Cim and I volunteered in helping taking care of the kids at St Matthias Cathedral while their moms bible study. Both of us went to meet up with Stefani, Chris and Jeff at McDonald. We call it Maccas here. Don't mind the spelling. I am 100% sure it is wrong.

There we were when we arrived at the cathedral coming face to face with the children. I was expecting a bigger lot of children. There were about 10 children aged 1-4. They are adorable! There was a considerable awkward moments between us and the kids. But as time goes by, we made along pretty well.

First comment after finishing the task was that I felt so tired! I took care of baby Joseph! He is too cute to be true! Moreover, he is quite and doesn't cry that much. Whenever I showed him a silly face, he would smile! Kyaa..

Today was probably the first time I carried a baby! I had always thought that babies are heavy. But actually, they are not! They weigh as much as a laptop or a bag pack you carry to school/uni. Pretty light.

I got along with a bunch of other kids: Ethan, Lucy, Micaiah, Jemimah, Jason, Matthew, Beth, Joseph, Hosea, and other kids in which I couldn't remember their names right now.

There was an incident in which there were these 2 kids preferring to answer everything in Chinese. I tried talking to them in English and they would not react at all. And then, after I spoke with my awful mandarin to them, they replied something that sounds meaningless in my ears. I didn't understand what they were talking about! I should have studied mandarin more when I got the time back in Jakarta.

Those 2 hours of taking care of kids turned our really fun. Despite having to run after them, that good feeling of having to hear the children call out your name and remember your name is the best feeling ever.

At around 1, Stef drove us back home to Ci Icing's place.

ate dumplings for lunch
 Ate lunch and thank you again Ci Icing for serving us your dumplings! I'm sorry to keep on consuming your food!

In the afternoon, we studied. I have finally finished peer reviewing the BABS assignment. I fell asleep for half an hour too.

Then at 6:30-ish, Ci Frida and Ko Ong picked us up to go to Eastwood for dinner at Jeans Chilli Chicken Steaks!


As soon as we sat down on the reserved table that Ci Icing had booked, the waitress came and asked us whether one of us is still an underaged. I quickly remembered Ci Karlina's story about the time when she and her underaged friend ate here and there was an inspection and they were told to leave the restaurant. I was worried once again. It was a good thing that Andrew was there too. LOL. He is underaged too.

The boss of the restaurant, we call him as Uncle Jeans, came by and warned us about the underaged problem. He thought I was 15! I was about to correct him but he kept on chattering. He is really kind and friendly! He gave us extra rice bowls for free!

Ko Freddie and Andrew

Ko Victor, Ci Icing and Ko Jeffry

Ko Ong, Ci Frida and Cim

complimentary


chicken! this was mixed with the rice to make rice ball chicken 
eel! 

sweet honey chicken

the rice!

the other side of the table

you have to make your own rice by pounding on it and use the force

making rice balls


LOL

my disgusting yet satisfying bowl




pork!
Before leaving the restaurant, Uncle Jeans bid us goodbye and told me not to drink alcohol! He said "wait for 3 more years and you can drink alcohol". He also added that he was going to find me a Korean boy in which I refused by saying that Indo boys are better in which he rebutted that Korean guys are much nicer. Then I told him that Korean guys are nice like him. And he suddenly said that he is too old for me. A complete misunderstanding and a funny joke that is.

group photo outside the restaurant
Then, we went to shop in a Korean supermarket. Bought Korean snacks.

saw this! I should buy this some day in the near future
Another night of having such a full tummy... If I continue this, I would be rounder and rounder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top