Thursday, March 29, 2012

Measles Week

I got Measles for the past couple of days. I think it all started on Monday. Yes, the red spots on my face. First I thought it was just pimples but I was confused why pimples could be very itchy. 

I went home early on Monday because I was afraid that the riot due to the increase in BBM may start soon. On my home, I saw some of the rioters holding the flag of the PDI party had started their riot in Sarinah. I also saw that in monas there were about 13 buses (if i was not mistaken) parking with a huge crowd of public against SBY. It was terrible. 

Another thing that had brought to my attention was that there were some ustads riding the same busway with me and they stopped in Monas. Maybe they were gathering with the rioters too. Idk. Just maybe. 

As I arrived home, my face was burning red. It was really hot. What a rapid change in the weather these days. Windy and now severe hotness. urghh. When I reached home, I saw my maids had just returned from grocery shopping and perhaps they were locked outside. My mom brought the gatedoor key with her. And so the three of us waited for my mother to reach home. Thankfully, there is a tall mango tree in front of our home to shed us. 

At last, after some minutes waiting for my mom, she arrived. As soon as she arrived, she and I hurried to get into the car to pick vivi and helen from school. My mom noticed the red spots on my face. Apparently the red dots are not as much as now, but she told me to rub some cream on it. 

In the evening, I went to take a nap, and after I woke up from my short nap, I felt really terrible. I felt feverish and weak at the same time. I woke around 7 at night and half an hour after that I got some piano tuition. And during the whole tuition I was really dizzy. My mind wandered a lot too. 

The whole night was utterly a chaos for me. I could not sleep. Hence I joined my sister to watch the TV series CHUCK. It was really funny but every time I laughed, there would this tweaking sensation in my mind. It really hurt. That time I did not tell my mom that I was sick, I thought it was just a mild fever that would easily heal after I got plenty of rest. Unfortunately, the next day was worse. I tried to get up but my head would not let me. My head was really heavy. And so I slept in till 11 o clock on Tuesday. 
I did not come on Tuesday as I heard the news that the worst riot was going to be held on the 27th of March. And I was scared. Plus, I'm a girl, I'm paranoid that something might go wrong. 

On Tuesday, my face was still red and that day I came to know that I got the measles. 

Mom, took a photo of my rough red face and sent it to her sister who is a doctor. Mom called her too to get the prescription. 

I LOOK LIKE Rumpelstiltskin

The medicine I should drink is too much! And I should drink this more than 1 time a day for certain medicines. At 1 I should take another tablet of these medicines again. zz.. 

Mom also told me to drink lots of Vitamin C and coconut water to enhance the appearance of the spots. 
the vitamin C
  
Coconut water from 4 coconuts
I was about to explode when I finished the whole glass container of coconut water. urghh, and now, the spots are EVERYWHERE in my body! so itchy!!!!


About school, I have been absent for 3 and a half days. Tuesday class was cancelled though as there were about 80% of us missing in class. So that leaves me to 2 and a half days of being absent. Tomorrow, there is physics quiz but I have told my physics teacher that I could not attend the quiz and asked him whether I could take the retest after I have fully recovered. He said yes and problem solved. The only problem is that I have missed a lot of lecture classes and homework are piling up like skyscrapers. (okay i was exaggerating, so what, I hate being absent because I got a lot of stuffs left behind and had to finish em all). 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top