Monday, March 19, 2012

Lucid Dream

So, I have heard about this Lucid Dream from 9gag right, and it has been driving me crazy to give it a go. However, every time I was about to experiment the whole process, I would be too tired and therefore I fell asleep. Those of you who did not know what a Lucid Dream is, the picture below pretty much explains the whole situation. LOL
credits to tumblr


Lucid Dream is basically a dream of which the dreamer is clearly aware that he/she is dreaming. Here, the dreamer is able to manipulate and control any dream he/she wants to have. This makes Lucid Dream a conscious process. First of all, in order for a Lucid Dream to come true, you should lie down in a very tired state, but don't close your eyes for 30 minutes. Moreover, any symptoms of sleeping like tossing and turning of the body and scratching should be avoided. After you've succeeded, you have entered a condition in which your spirit is out from your body. Sleep paralysis happens here in which you can only wander around only with your spirit. 

credits to tumblr
There are advantages of Lucid Dreaming like: every time you wake up from a Lucid dream, you will be refreshed and most probably always wake up on the right side of the bed. Lucid Dream helps people to conquer their fears too, like:the fear of flying and many more.

However, relating to the disadvantages of Lucid Dream, there are many articles considering the nightmares occurring with the failure of Lucid Dreaming. The nightmares happened after a few couple of sweet manipulation of dreams. False Awakening makes people fear sleeping. They are afraid that they might get the same nightmare they had before. Furthermore, this nightmare acts as a tool of torture for them.

After I have read the articles about False Awakening of Lucid Dreaming, I felt so lucky (my sister too) that I did not succeed in trying Lucid Dream on purpose, because I might end up in a continuous chain of nightmares coming out later on. PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS DREAMING PROCESS TO PURSUE YOUR HIDDEN WANTS! PLEASE.


credits to tumblr

Speaking of Lucid Dream, I think I might have experienced it before without even realizing it is a Lucid Dream. I was in Kindergarten that time, and when I was sleeping, I saw a Big Blue Bear inside a Bubble coming out from behind the TV set in my parents' room. I am 100% sure that my eyes are wide opened back then but I can't move, I was in shock noticing that the bear was approaching me. As soon as he was standing in front of my bed, he took a gun from his back and he was threatening me to pull the trigger at my mom (who was sleeping beside me). I did not know what to say, I was about to cry and then I had no idea why the bear decided not to shoot and return to where he came from. After he was gone, I quickly looked out for my mom and was relieved that she was still there, then I prayed to God to give me a better dream and I could not remember anything more afterwards. x_x
     

credits to tumblr, the bear from my dream
looked exactly like this but in a
 more fiercer way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top