Friday, March 1, 2013

O-Week (25.02.2013 - 1.03.2013)

O-week, also known as Orientation Week, a not-so-compulsory event in which both new and old students to attend. The good thing about this o-week is that I have gotten a lot of freebies! What a delightful thing to do! YEYEYEY..

First off, there were some free BBQs! The sausage was really juicy. Every time there were some volunteers heating up the grill to start up the BBQ, there would be a long line waiting to get free food. The free BBQ was available in all 5 days of O-week. So, basically, people can eat whatever quantity they please.


what a long sausage. the bbq sauce was dripping every time i took a bite of it.

michelle, della, giselle, grace, yosephine, amy and bunga
There were a lot of stalls too in the mainwalk. I signed up for every stalls that have free registration. I don't sign up for sports clubs, I am not that much of an active person myself. I don't even like sports. That's why I turn out to be such a fat girl. T_T Story of my life. :(

chemistry stalls

cooking stalls. I didn't sign up for this though. LOL. 

thailand stall

baking stall




silly pose




there are cosplays too! 

snow cones

inflated jungle balloon

sumo wrestling game




free cotton candies

super awkward print out from our photobooth
Later on, during the evening, there was a pre-screening of Warm Bodies outdoor! It was completely packed during the night, and the wind was gushing harshly on us. Every time there was a wind, the screen would start to wave.
nisa and bunga

got this awesome goodie bag! 

della and me with our free popcorns

the screen

raymond, ci karlina, me, bunga, della

the band was really nice

me and cim with the famous unsw sundial (i dont think it's that famous.)

ci karlina and cim


the sun set

volunteers are dancing to oppa gangnam style. super chaotic. but really entertaining.
On day 2 of orientation, Grace and I went on a human disease tour inside campus. There were a lot of human deceased body parts donated by patients for the museum. I felt really numb just by looking at them. Unfortunately, no cameras allowed so no photos for you. Sorry bout that. Later on, Grace and I passed by a sign showing "Free meals to new students". Wait, we are both new students and we are in need of free meals. So there we were, following the signs and directions and ended up in this room. Met the most awesome people ever! They are so friendly and kind. 

lucy, fei, grace, rebecca, kelly


we were given free nachos! 

then diana and lauren came :)
After the free lunch, Diana and I went around the campus. She was addicted to a game called Jenga. I refused to play with her at first. But she forced me anyway, so I reluctantly played with her. And you know what! Jenga is the best game ever! It was epicly fun! And the people from the Campus Bible Study were super nice too! They chatted with me too! HAHA. There was one guy that looks a bit like a cartoon character named Trent from the MTV cartoon Daria. 

We were planning on going to stop by at Diana's place but then there was a change of plan and we decided to eat at a place called Bar Navitas. The counter guy was an Italian guy. It was noisy and I had to raise up my voice in order for him to hear me out. And you know what the guy replied to me, he said that I did not need to be so angry at him. HAHA.. Instantly, I knew it was a joke, I was laughing all the way and I apologized to him. He was really nice. 

a bell that goes on whenever our orders are ready

nutella croissant
diana
took some photos with Kaley and Jessica

thailand freebies! it tastes a bit similar like Indonesian's dodol



...

fortune cookies


On the next day, I along with Bunga, Della, Santa, Earl, Nichole and Raymond, went back to the place that served us nacho the other day. However! There was no free lunch that day! There were only snacks! Anyway, I met some cool people there again, Ben and Tomy. We played Uno jengga. I don't know what it's called. It's pretty fun but not as fun as the enormous blocks of jenga I played with Diana the other day. 


We stayed only for about 20 minutes there, then Santa, Earl and I had to rush off to a Faculty of Science Welcoming Workshop. 


the speaker was fantastic. He changed his hats a lot of times during his talk
Next day's lunch was spicy Indian food that Diana and I shared! it was incredibly spicy.






At around noon, we all went back to my place and watched Running Man together. It was fun watching this funny show together.


santa came too
Last day of O-week was pretty gloomy. It was raining non-stop from the morning till night. I ate sushi for lunch. It is not as good as the one in Sushi Tei and Sushi Groove. :( 


but on the bright side, I got that little fishy soy sauce right there. .......

a snail on the wall

we stayed in the library

wet outside

guys are so focused with their gadgets.

lol.

weird as ever

w/ cim

lol. hey where did earl go. I just realized that earl wasn't in this picture



In the evening while waiting for the welcome dinner of the Bible study group of Gereja Fokus Indonesia which was located in this library building on the 3rd floor, I dozed off in the library. I was super tired. 

Now, at night was when all the fun stuffs began. There were games in which all games I didn't win. But that's okay, all that matters is the fun that I get from it. The Bible discussion was superb too. The members there are beyond nice and so welcoming. Aww, there are a lot of friendly people out here.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top