Sunday, March 10, 2013

Circular Quay

On the 10th of March 2009, GKY also known as Gereja Kristus Yesus was set up in Sydney. This year, this church celebrates its 4th birthday. Pdt. Dr. Freddy Lay even came to celebrate this joyous celebration too.
w/ Pdt Freddy Lay
Pdt Freddy Lay was pretty shocked to see me in Sydney. Because it was only a few months back that I got baptized.

w/ Pdt. Tommy Elim from Greenville
Ate lunch after the sermon as always. Then afterwards, Sheila, Cim and I went to Circular Quay to take a photo with the Opera House. We used Bus 555 which is a free bus to Circular Quay.

the golden tree

road cleaner

err, what's with my face... us waiting at the bus stop, the bus takes a really long time to reach us.


the city

Harbor Bridge
There was a funny incident when meeting up with the statue impersonator right here. I really wanted to take a photo of him and so I searched in my purse some amount of money. I was actually thinking him of giving a Rupiah currency money of gope-tun. But then, I couldn't find it and so I searched for the smallest amount of cent. I found 5c and I covered the cent with my hand, and I lowered my body as lowest as possible in order for the guy not to see how much money I gave. After putting the money, he was thanking for so much. I was confused why he was thanking me in that great manner. Then, we took a photo of it. And as the weather was ridiculously hot, and the guy was wearing aluminum all over his body, I could feel the heat conduction from his gloves to my bare hands. I immediately without further thinking said "You're hot". No clue why, this guy starting holding my hand even tighter. I was so shocked! Not to mention he was trying to touch my hand to his mask like a kiss gesture. You should see the look of Cim's face when she saw this. After taking a photo, Cim asked how much money I gave to the guy, I told her 5c, and she was amazed because she thought that I gave him a lot of money... Now this explains the confusion of thanking me so much above.


 

opera house


it was really hot!



sheila and me

cim and me

..


weird pose

another awkward face

LOL! as soon as I saw this, I immediately think of Ciputra's fb name. LOL.


we didn't know why we took a photo here. thats mainly because of better lighting here



the park

I am actually pleased looking at this, there are rubbishes too thrown in other places outside Indonesia. LOL. I thought my country is the dirtiest one of all. no offense

we asked someone to take a photo for us. man my eyes are gone!
crocodile look-a-like

should have never worn stockings! argh

there was a street performance


After going around taking photos of the Opera House, we were exhausted and decided to go grocery shopping for my studio! I have no food! Q_Q Pity meeee

We were extremely lucky of wasting a couple of minutes watching the street entertainment, because with an entertainment like, it didn't take long in waiting for the free bus to come pick us up.

Went to Worldsqure to buy groceries! Stopped at Asian Market first to buy seaweed sheets for making sushi!

look at these pockies! they're gigantic

4 balls for $3.79! what a price

prune drink

sausage

uniquely-shaped eggplants

macaroons! actually she was smiling when she realized that I took a photo, but my camera is too absurd to catch her smile on camera. argh

cute tomatoes

more macaroons
oh yeah, bought this from a Korean stall too. the fried rice is completely bland.
Then from Asian Market, we went to Coles to buy milk, bread, spam, eggs, grapes, sweet potato, cereal, muesli, and I think I am missing out something. That's okay.. It was really heavy carrying all these by myself to the dorm. I felt like my arms were going to fall off any second. Anyway, I arrived safely at home with no extreme injuries. Thank God! And on top of that! I finally got something to eat! And my refrigerator looks filled for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top