Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ayam Goreng 99 (20.3.13)

Another late post. Apologies..

On the 20th, hmm, wait that was on Wednesday. Last Wednesday to be precise. Let me reminisce what I did on Wednesday. This is one of the disadvantages of blogging so late. urgh. All I remembered was that I ate at Ayam Goreng 99 for dinner, did Chemistry lab, slept during Physiology class, sat at bio, scif and chemistry class. Wait, that's most of it. Whoah, jotting down the things you did from the last thing you did to the first thing you did was a fine activity for blogging. Only blogging or casual journal writing though. If you did this for your academic essay or other academic-related assignments, you most probably ended up getting a big F on your test.

Let's start from the very beginning of the day.

As usual, attended Scif (Perspectives to Medical Science), a compulsory course for all Medical Science students. The lecture was absolutely interesting though. I had no idea why I suddenly felt interested in learning history about medicine. This is probably the only lecture I find very alluring and not boring at all. Ironic right, despite it being a lecture discussing all about history. I only like scif lectures not the tutorials.

Then I got bio class after that. To me, biology is a troublesome subject. I understand nothing from every lecture. I should start hitting the books during Easter break! Bio class was at John Clancy auditorium which was at the upper campus. I was too lazy to move from my place because I will have Chemistry class there too. So, I spent my one-hour-break there listening to Physiology. I think I am going to take this course at semester two, so why not try listening and getting a glimpse at it. You know what, I felt terribly wrong joining that class, I felt super bored and sleepy. I completely dozed off as soon as the lecturer was opening his slides to the class. And the position of me dozing off was unbearable. I bet the lecturer saw me sleeping in class. errr..

Moving on, another thing I want to discuss about university life is that I keep on worrying whether I will do well every lab sessions. I will get this paranoia that I would fail or do something awful against the rule and regulation during the session. Last Wednesday's chemistry class was something to do with copper. Surprisingly, I was one of the fastest students to finish the experiment before the time is up. I was overjoyed! I could not help smiling all the way when I left the building!

On my way out of the building, I came across Earl, Santa, Raymond and Kathleen. They were telling me to hurry up to get ready for dinner out.

I had to drop my lab coat and goggle first at the terrace. Not to mention, I was intending to bring my digital camera too. For the sake of this blog and facebook. Then, I went downstairs with Bunga, Della and Grace.

Ayam Goreng 99 is an Indonesian restaurant in Kingsford. I spent a total of $11 there. For nasi uduk, ayam goreng and kangkung. The kangkung is so appetising!


dinner!
bunga, della, grace and earl

meet Kathleen! 
I think I have not mentioned this above but Bunga faced a special incident. Apparently, she left her room key inside her room. She could not come inside her room and had to contact the RA to open her room with the master key. I, on the other hand, left my key with Cim. Cim was at McDonald's with Armaan! I could not come into my room too. Earl was there too. He wanted to pick up his pillow which he bought in Ikea a long time back. Basically, he was waiting for my room to be opened too. 

waiting in the common room
After a while, the RA came and he opened Bunga's room along with mine. I told him that I forgot my key too in order for my room to be opened. HEHE. Got Earl's pillow and I ushered him home. Despite going home, we ended up chatting! We talked for a long time actually! We gossiped actually. LOL.

zz.. what a mess.
To make a long day short, it was really fun. And I obviously enjoy it here as there is always something new everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top