Friday, March 8, 2013

Med Science (5.3.13 - 7.3.13)

During the last 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) of the first week, I have started my Medical science courses. My subjects for the first semester are Chem 1011, Math 1041, Babs 1201 and Scif 1111. There are a lot of requirements too you know. And all are done through online. I am not used to the online stuff here, that's just because, back in Jakarta, everything is done manually. I myself find difficulty in handling technology, what's that term called again gaptek ? in Indonesian. Can someone please tell me what the English word for gaptek  is. urgh, so frustrating, my English skill is just about borderline and what makes matter worse is that I am actually studying abroad and ironically my English vocabulary has not improved since.

Anyway just a few days ago I have finally finished the required quiz thing for Chemistry lab next week. I got a day off and so I did the quiz. Way to go in utilizing time huh.. nahhh..  I actually made friends with some Lebanese-descendent Australians (if I'm not mistaken)! They are really kind and friendly. We made the quiz together. LOL. Discussion occurs among the 4 of us.

Ayah, Sameha and Zena
During lunch, I went back to my studio, Cim cooked me some spaggheti and swedish meatballs. These meatballs are heaven! However, there will always a quite unique stench when frying these meatballs. Nonetheless, the taste is unforgettable! LOL. Speaking of "unforgettable", I remembered the song "Unforgettable" in which I used to play on the piano during piano lesson, and my teacher, Ko Rhesa, will sing.. --" Now, his voice keeps on repeating on my head. By the bye, again speaking of piano, I haven't found any pianos on campus! How could this be! ARGH! I have this tingling feeling that I might lose my piano power here! NOOOO..  Sorry too much exaggeration.

bon apetit (dunno the spelling. don't judge)
 Hmm,, what is this tasty smell that runs pass my now at this unworthy hour in the library! It's 10 in the morning which is still 6 in the morning in Jakarta, and I'm feeling hungry although I have eaten granola and greek yoghurt at home. Not to mention, I should have been doing my Chemistry tutorial questions right now, not blogging about this! Well, who cares, I should finish this blog before it gets piled up like last time.

Later on that evening, I took a quick cat nap because I was freaking tired. I woke up at 7 in the morning! I would have never woken up that time in Jakarta! I have no idea why, I keep on waking up early since I arrived in Sydney. Anyway, at 7 pm there was a gathering in the place where I'm staying right now. There are free food and drinks. So why miss the opportunity? I went there with Della and Bunga. I went there straightly after waking up and so my face was really sleepy but who cares, I got free food! HUAHAHA!

Oh yeah, pay close attention to my eyebags! They are enormous! I look like a panda somehow.. So black! And my eyes are getting smaller!

messy hair me with della

the common room area 
the party, there is going to be a trivia after dinner but Della, Bunga and I ditched it and went straight to our rooms.


ah my hair! w/ bunga
By the time we reached the party, most of the foods are gone! We were only late for 10 minutes and the food left was only biscuits, chips, lemingtons and some cans of sodas. No BBQ in sight!

idk what this is. there are lychees there and some sesame seeds and some leaves. Idk, i don't taste it though

Bunga and Della
 I had lessons the next day. It was my first class in SCIF 1111, and I was almost late for class. I sat in the backest seat. And the lecturer spoke really softly! She didn't even use a microphone. The most awkward scene happened that day. As soon as I sat down, I introduced myself to a guy next to me. His name was Sean but I misheard him and asked if his name was "Michelle". I know that was stupid. I felt so bad and I got a feeling that he was offended. Ears, why you no cooperate! aaaa

Later on, I met Silvia and Joan! We were about the same age and we all take the same course! How convenient. After the lesson, I showed them where we could get our calculators approved and where to do the Chemistry quiz thing. That quiz can only be accessed at the Chemistry building.

In the evening, Cim and I went to the library, and we studied there. Well, we ended chatting anyway.



 On Thursday, I have my first lab class! But we didn't do much on the first day though. There was only a video of safety tutorial, and there were discussions too among us for bonding quality time (I guess) with future lab partners. Then, afterwards, my lab mentor showed us the evacuation place. This took a total of 1 hour and we were free to go!

my breakfast... 
I made quite some friends there, they all are really nice people. Super excited for the next lab session that is going to start next week. I hope it's alright for me not to tie my hair. After all, my hair is still short right? 

When I got home, I passed the Roundhouse and there was a Circus party held by the uni for students. I didn't go because I'm still underaged and I don't have any intention in going there either. But I must say, it was really crowded. People lining up in the entrance! The band was playing a cool song though. LOL. 

Cim stayed in her homestay last night, and I felt really bored. I spent some time in Bunga's room, helping her with her brand new printer and we chatted a while too. I stayed a little while in my room up till half past 11 because I was waiting for the supervisor to knock at my door. However, no sign of knocking so I just went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top