Friday, March 8, 2013

Honey Wok

On Friday, I went to my first consultation with my guardian advisor, Pia Larsson in UNSW. She is a really nice woman. I don't know why, I feel lucky having her as my advisor here. I thought my consultation meeting supposed to start at 10, luckily, I checked my online booking account, and it was postponed to 11. Phew, what a luck. However, I left my room early at around 9:30-ish as there was a cleaning service process going on from 9:30 to 12:30 in which residents should not be inside their rooms around that time.

I met up with Bunga. Apparently she had finished her consultation session too by the time I was nearby the building she was in. Both of us headed to the main library afterwards. Waited in the library for an hour. I was planning to study Chemistry and did tutorial questions, however, in relation to my previous post, I explained that rather than doing the questions I went on babbling in this blog.

And again, as only a few days have passed, I have a lot of blogging piles to be done. This is the cause of being a slacker and it's so tiresome. But for the sakes of my viewers/readers/stalkers (LOL), I am ready to sacrifice a few seconds/minutes/hours/days in sharing my special moments with you all. huahahaha.

Okay, I'm diverting from my main point here. So let's get back on track.

An hour had passed in the library, time went by so fast when playing the computer with internet access, and it was 10 minutes to 11. I had to scurry downstairs to the building where I should meet my advisor there. To my good luck, I was not late. On the contrary though, I had to wait for another 10 minutes in the waiting room for my advisor. During the consultation, we talked about uni life. Pia was asking me whether I felt comfortable staying in Sydney. She asked me about my subjects too. Not to mention, I also submitted my time table for the week to her. The consultation took about 30 minutes. This was twice the amount of time Bunga and Della spent on their consultation times.

Later on that afternoon, I felt my stomach was going to shrink out of hunger. I went to my studio for a little itsy bitsy snack so that I wouldn't spoil my lunch with the PPIA community. PPIA stands for Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia Australia is basically a community for Indonesian students studying in Australia. They were welcoming new as well as current members with a free BBQ and pizza! It was my first time tasting olives on pizzas. I still couldn't cope up with the quirky taste of the olives, but I finished the pizza anyway.

group photo

man, eyes closed, go check my FB account for the better one.
from left to right : Teguh, Jepe, cim, me, bunga, della, raymond and winnie
At first when we entered the event, Bunga, Della, Winnie and I felt a little bit outcast-ed (not sure if that's even a word), we just stood there. We were not sure whether we could take the food. Obviously, a couple of minutes were wasted just standing there ogling at the delicious pizzas being devoured by other members. I am being so dramatic right now, ain't I? However, we started to mingle and introduced ourselves to the people there. They are really nice people too.

Ps: I used so many "people" in this blog, if this was an academic post, I would have been penalized.

Oh yeah, met Universal School students too there: Jonathan, Whitney and Armaan.

In the evening, there was another dinner with Focus people too (the people I study Bible with every Friday). We ate at Honey Wok! A Chinese restaurant in Kingsford. This was practically the first time I ate in a restaurant in Sydney (the sushi place in my previous post is excluded because I didn't eat there).

a nori soup with bones in it as complimentary dish. 

cim, andrew, ci vitri

err, this looks really disgusting in a photo. it looks like earthworms trying to find its way in moisty ground.
it's tofu btw. 

ci vitri, ci kristel and ci kriska

ko dan and chris

-____________-

the rice! it's free :) 

i forgot what this is. i think it's a fish? It tastes really good though! 

each one of us paid 5$ ! 

the other table! 
I was about to retake the photo above, but...... unfortunately I couldn't because it seemed that I was blocking the waiters' way and I was asked to leave immediately from the restaurant. T__T

After Honey Wok, we stopped by Chatime.

ordering





what monstrosity
 Then, after getting fueled up, it was time for Fokus Bible Study! There was a charade game. I got the most difficult one. What are you going to act when you got "Shrek". I was dumbfounded. And I was the one who should acted out the fictional character. In the end, we lost. Well, it's not about winning, it's the fun we obtained that matters. What wise words, aye? Later on, we discussed about the Book of Luke.

group photo again!
back left to right" Ci fefe, me, diana, raymond, grace, ci Hilda, ribka
front left to right: owen, andrew and ko Dan.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention above that I finally got a lab coat thanks to ci Copin!! Anyway, like any other Fridays, we finished at 9:30 at night but we waited a bit longer to chat. And I passed my curfew. LOL. That's okay I guess. It was a good thing the Residential Advisor knocked my door again after I had arrived inside my room. He was unhappy about it. I apologized anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top