Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happily N'ever After

Guess what! I have finally watched Happily Never After after so long! Alas, I could not find the online link to watch the first happily never after movie, so I just watched the second one. Usually, sequels of animated films like this turn out to be worse than the first one. But, to my good luck, I haven't watched the first one so I am unable to compare the both of them and this movie is actually pretty okay for children though. If I watched this when I was little, I would definitely love it. Now, not so much. A bit lame for me to be exact. Maybe I've gotten mature. NOOOOOO..


Happily Never After the sequel tells about a twisted story of Snow White. However, Snow White here is a bit naughty. She was struggling in maintaining her teenage popularity with controlling the kingdom. Not to mention the image of her dead mother, Queen Grace, kept haunting her. The people of the kingdom were  somewhat shocked by the fact that despite the splitting image of mother and daughter, both of their personalities were totally different. Queen Grace loved to help the people. While Snow White, just wanted to seek popularity and was tired of having the responsibility to assist her people. Meanwhile, Old King Cole, Snow White's dad, was having troubles controlling her spoiled Snow White. To resolve this, he decided to search for the perfect queen. Nevertheless, the balance operating the happy and bad endings of the kingdom became dysfunctional and all had gone topsy turvie. Due to this, a woman devoured by jealousy and power turned to Rumpelstiltskin to cast a spell upon her ugly face to be the exact resemblance of Queen Grace. King Cole was definitely charmed by her and decided to marry her. Along the way, Snow White started to alter her characters when she was confronted with the seven dwarfs in the woods. With Peter, Snow White's crush, together they came back to the kingdom to prevent the king from making a fatal choice. In the end, despite the title Happily Never After, they all lived happily ever after.

Honestly, the idea of the story plot line was not so bad after all. Nonetheless, I sometimes felt pissed watching posh Snow White yapping all the way. I hated her childish gestures, crying, weeping, when she didn't get what she wanted, or when her dad disagreed with her. Frankly, I was  really looking forward she would go into a deep slumber when she took a bite on that poisoned apple.Yet, the poisoned apple only charmed her by saying inappropriate mean things to everybody in the kingdom. urghh...

All in all, pretty okay movie. The reason I watched this movie was that last time I was searching for similar movies like Ella Enchanted. I was eager to find something else similar like that. Then, I saw this title. Moreover, this movie is a little similar to Shrek, combining the modern life in a medieval kingdom. But Shrek did it better. It did not overdo it like this one. This one got a cellphone during a medieval time period. That was just crossing the line.

watch the trailer :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top