Friday, October 26, 2012

Dredd

So I just came back home from my day out with my family from EX. We watched a movie, ate something, window-shopping and went straight back home. Just a usual stroll in the mall.


Dredd is an action/thriller movie about what America would be like in the future with exposition of radiation. Like Hunger Games, America in Dredd was divided into sectors. There were a lot of cool gadgets, and high-technology in this movie. Basically, these sectors were in a lot of chaos. Like for instance, the main sector portrayed in this movie was Sector 9, Mega City One, where crime rates and unemployment rates peaked the highest. Dredd, on the other hand, was one of the judges that held the power of jury, judge and instant executioner. His job was to eliminate the most devious clan known as the Ma-ma Clan that controlled the whole building called Peach Trees. This clan had total control of the city and obviously was feared. Not to mention that this clan produced drugs called the "Slo-Mo" in which users may experienced a slower speed of reality's normal speed. Dredd was assigned with a rookie, Cassandra Anderson, a psychic mutant, to bring judgement towards the evil clan. 

Frankly, I was in a total adrenaline rush throughout the movie. There were a lot of brutal scenes, especially there were a lot of these scenes shot at slow motion. You could observe how a bullet went straight through a victim's face or body, with all the rippling effects. But I should say that there were some parts of the scenes that were very catchy like for instance, the part when the drug users were in a high state, the imagination of this high state were very colorful and glimmering. 

watch the trailer :)

Anyway, I heard this cool song while waiting for the movie at XXI, called Patience by Take That. So catchy..

 

Just have a little, patience

I'm still hurting from a love i lost,
I'm feeling your frustration,
Then maybe all the pain will stop,
Just hold me close inside your arms tonight,
don't be to hard on my emotions

(Chorus)
Cause i, need time,
My heart is numb has no feeling,
So while im still healing,
Just try and have a little patience,

I really wanna start over again,
I know u wanna be my salvation,
The one that i can always depend,

I'll try to be strong, believe me,
I'm trying to move on,
It's complicated but understand me,

Cause I need time,
My heart is numb has no feeling,
So while im still healing,
Just try and have a little patience,

Yeah, have a little patience, Yeah

Cause this scar runs so deep,
Its been hard,
But i have to believe me,

Have a little patience,
Have a little patience,

Cause i, i just need time,
My heart is numb has no feeling,
So while im still healing,
just try, and have a little patience,

Have a little patience,
My heart is numb has no feeling,
So while i'm still healing
just try and have a little... Patience


After the movie, we went to eat at Mie Laiker, then went to Aksara. Bought these books there. Aksara had this Halloween Theme. There were cobwebs everywhere. Pretty cool.

Grimm's and Andersen's Fairy Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top