Saturday, October 6, 2012

Excursion to Bella Campa Gadog (5.10.12)

Yesterday, I went on an excursion with my school for a team building experience at Bella Campa Gadug in Ciawi. I should have blogged about this yesterday but I was too tired to spare some endless hours uploading the pictures Mrs Uthe took on my digicam. 

the schedule and ivitation Uniprep gave to every student
We were asked to meet up at school by 6:30 in the morning as the bus was going to leave at 7. So I woke up very early to avoid being late and missing the bus. But as soon as I reached Uniprep, the room was still dark. Luckily, I met Mrs Didi inside. She gave me the shirt we were supposed to wear that day. 

The shirt was some sort of baseball type of shirt. There were 2 colors: red and blue. Uniprep students were handed the red shirts while UIC got the blue ones. 

At 7o'clock, there were still some late arriving students. Moreover, some of them might probably were still on their way to school. So we waited for half more hour before we set forth to Ciawi.

Consequently, we left school by 7:30 to 8:00 ..

There were 2 buses, S1 (my class) was put in bus 1 along with commerce students and UIC students. There were only 5 of us, me, Citra, Felix, Nicho and Sharon, attending the field trip from s1. 

Nicho and Citra
Michelle, Sherly, Winnie, Stephina


Felix and me
bread for early snack
 During our journey to the team build camp, some students dozed off. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. --"

nicho citra

felix and rolland
 So at around 9 past something, we have arrived to our destination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as we have stepped off the bus, we could just feel the gentle breeze. The air was really fresh! Despite the cool breeze, the sun was scorching at us.

First off, we were all gathered to the field. The people in charge for the event told us to form a big circle. Then there was this awkward yet fun game we played. The names of the instructions were wacky too like: ojek, lampu merah, kuncup mekar, dayung. For the ojek instruction, we were instructed to take a person and go anywhere we want within the circle. While lampu merah, we should form groups of 3 following the three traffic signal colors: red, yellow and green. Kuncup mekar, 4 people, and Dayung 5. It's a bit hard to explain by words but at least you got the picture. In fact, these organizers used this type of instructions to scatter us around to form groups. These groups again were fixed for the rest of the day for our activity.

Eventually, 6 groups of 10 members each were formed. And each group was given a different color cloth to represent themselves. I got the green color! YAY! Beyond expectation, Nicho was in my group too. I thought I was going to be the only S1 student in my group. HAHA.

With Mr. Hafiz. He was one of the reasons I joined this field trip.  ps: I look completely awkward here


Group IJO! Starting from top left: Nicho, me, Michelle, Rinda, Jesselyne, Nanda, Irene. Bottom left: Danny, Ardi, Bryan

Group MERAH! Citra's Group! back row left: Mr Andri (Computer tutorial teacher), Mr Bagus (Commerce teacher), Rolland, 2 other guys of which I know not the name of.. Front row left: I only know Citra and Winnie. LOL.

Red and green!!!!
 Oh yeah I should have probably mentioned this earlier that Simon, my principal, brought his dog with him! He drove so early in the morning finding that no one had reached there. So to kill time, he walked his dog around the place.

Simon and his dog
 After the division of groups, the green team played the Spider Web game. Frankly, this game was frustrating.The goal of this game was to move the ball only with the help of some flexible ropes to the other side of the pole. The ball should not touch the ground and the members should not touch the area enclosed by the circular rope around the ball.

Obviously, my team had spent some quite of a time but was unable to complete the goal.

spider web game




the ball fell again
the white team
While the green team was playing the Spider Game, the pink team was playing the Wet Trap game. The goal of Wet Trap is to hand the stick safely to the leader who was sitting under a bucket of water which was going to pour at any second when the blindfolded folder made the hurdle fall. The leader could be anybody. The members of each team would take turn. So basically, the leader should pinpoint the right direction and instructions to the blindfolded followed to avoid getting wet.


Diana, Michelle and Mr Dwi

Mr John Rawkins, Legal studies lecturer as well as tutor, got his turn being the leader. He was covering himself with a rubbish bin cap to cover himself.
the bamboo hurdles that could topple easily
In the meantime, the red team was also playing the Spider Game! They were also facing difficulties. As a matter of fact, there were no teams able to complete the goal. The white team was really close on achieving the goal, but the ball tumbled down. 
red team.

 Apparently, it was lunch time. All teams went back to the hut to eat. It was overall a good and satisfying meal.



 

Bryan, me and Mrs Dessy.... I should have sat on the floor but instead I sat on a chair. HUAHAHA..
After lunch, Diana, Citra, Nicho and I went down to take photos!





I kept on sliding.. --"

Mrs Didi, the person behind all the fun activities that day!

 

 

  



me, felix, diana, citra, nicholas, Mr Andri, Mr John

that swimming pool was used for the Tabung Bocor game which happened later on during the evening
 

Accordingly, it was the green team's turn for The Wet Trap Challenge. It was pretty hard for me to succeed. I even failed the first hurdle. 

Danny and Ardi! Danny was successful of not getting Ardi got wet.

My turn to be blindfolded, unfortunately, Nicho got wet.



I got wet too

Jesselyne

Rinda's turn

the red team was on the other side playing the same game
while the blue team was in the middle of the Spider Web Challenge. There was my computer lecturer, the one and only, Mrs Yacko!

Pak Yusuf, he took pictures
 After the Wet Trap Challenge, we moved on to another challenge named The Labyrinth. The goal was to quickly tilt the maze to let a total of 15 marbles out in the Finish hole during a limit of 5 minutes! Nicho was in charge of inserting each marble into the maze.


Maze Challenge Complete!
 Moving on, it was the Flying fox!

climb up the ladder rope

Citra on top!

Fernanda, from design

Jesselyne from Commerce class

me.. --"

Pak Adrief, Jesselyne and Rinda

Rock climb

flying fox



the point reached after flying fox

cross the bridge of despair (exaggerating)


don't look down
When I tried crossing this bridge, I was the first to step onto the rope, and when my teammates followed me from behind, the rope was shaking so much that I almost fell. I kept on screaming and shrieking. Total nightmare. I did fall when I reached the finish line, it was a good thing that there was the pawang who helped me get up.
 

Even, Mr Fletcher, my Chemistry teacher, tried crossing the bridge


the view of Bella Campa Gadog
 After the flying fox, there was another challenge of 5th Legged Race. It was really hard. During the game, the rain started to fall. But still, we were still out on the field as we were watching the teachers doing the race too. And when they had reached the finish line, we all threw them plastics filled with water. They were really wet because of us. After a while, the rain started pouring. 

Some of the students played in the rain. And the Tabung Bocor game started too to those who wanted to play. While people were playing the game, Diana, Nathania, Bunga, Kristasia, Della, Rolland and me played Uno. 

Before we went home, the winner of all games were announced. 6th place was Red Team, 5th place Pink Team, 4th place Yellow Team, 3rd Blue Team, 2nd Green Team and first place went to the White Team. 

At 5, we went home. Traffic was unbearable. It took us 2 hours to reach school. At around 7 past something, we had reached school. And all of us went home. 

I decided to take a taxi but then there was no taxi passing so I had to take the busway. I reached home at around 9:30. 

In a nutshell, yesterday was fun. Plus, I got a sunburn on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top