Tuesday, September 4, 2012

AFAID (2.9.12)

Finally, after 2 days of uploading pictures to this blog, I am able to write something about the Anime Festival held on Sunday. 

Anime Festival Asia Indonesia, also known as AFAID, was located at PRJ Kemayoran. I believe this was the first time an exhibition as big as AFA to be held in Indonesia. AFA is usually held in Malaysia or Singapore. This exhibition doesn't stay forever in Indonesia, their next stop would be in Singapore. This was also only available on the 1st and 2nd of September. 

The entrance fee varies according to which section you were willing to spend your time there. I entered the exhibition only section which costs me Rp 50k. Another section with a stage access cost Rp. 125k. With the stage access in your hand, you will be able to see the famous Japanese entrepreneur, Danny Choo, and also many other artists oh whom I not know of. 

It was a bit embarrassing for me to attend such event without knowing most of the people/characters(cosplayers) that were present there. I was only just taking pictures, eating, commenting on people's costumes, and sightseeing. 

Yesterday (Sunday), I woke up early in the morning to play the piano at church, afterwards, I also had a holy communion during worship. At around 9, we went home from church, and after a while, Ci Lisda and her mom showed up at our house. Ci Lisda accompanied me to AFA. 

The Sunday Ticket..Rp50k 
the brochure

the schedule

the guest stars. As you can see there, Maid Cafe and Butler Cafe are available too! I'll get to that part later on in this post! Read on... 

us, with the tickets, pardon my formal attire, I was too lazy to change to a casual one..after all, we were running out of time. 

at helen's room, please ignore the messy background.
My mom and Ci Lisda's mom accompanied us there. My mom drove us there and then after dropping us out, she went with Ci Lisda's mom to ITC or somewhere. When we got there, we could see lots of cars parking at PRJ. The place was crowded. People would have waited in line just to see the "biggest" anime festival in Indonesia. There were a lot of calo (people trying to sell tickets on the streets) too. But buying tickets from calo is too risky as they might sell fake tickets. 

Got there and we waited in line for a ticket. We were a bit confused where to line up, but we asked for directions. LOL. 

In the hallway, there were a lot of cosplayers. Really crowded. What's a good way to describe it? hmm.. The area was more or less similar like a fish market, minus the stinky odor. It was really hot too. I do pity the cosplayers, having to wear heavy costumes in such a fiery weather. 

the first cosplayers picture I took for the day

there was L from Death Note

there is always a Hatsune Miku cosplayer in every cosplay events

probably some characters from Vocaloid? I forgot. 
After taking pictures in the hallway, we went inside the exhibition hall. Compared to outside, the exhibition hall was a bit cooler! JUST A BIT! Despite the availability of aircons, there were too many people inside making the room suffocating. Well, at least, the room was a bit cooler.

Inside the exhibition hall, there were a some stands showing Japanese merchandises such as anime character figurines. Take a look at the pictures below. Most of the figurines are put on display. And most of the visitors took photos of them rather than purchasing them .LOL.

this was on display

these are really cute chibi figurines! 


I forgot what this anime is called. maybe you could just see the sign beside the respective figurines. 

Vocaloid Characters! Len and Rin Kagamine! 

these plushies seem so familiar.

black rock shooter! 

fate stay knight (or night) --. IDK.. I don't watch the anime. Just see it appearing on animax



learn hiragana characters from this card sets

Hiragana card sets. I forgot how much it was. LOL. Maybe around Rp100k.. (If I was not mistaken)

a cosplayer inside. those 2 girls beside her were a complete stranger. LOL. 
 Oh yeah, I have to tell you that I took some pictures of total strangers. LOL. so sorry for that. LOL. Keep Reading!!

So, Ci Lisda and I went around the exhibition hall, looking at every stands. And, just at the back of the hall, there were the cafes which were the main attraction of visitors attending this festival. Moe2 Kyun and Atelier Royale Cafe. The line was really long. I felt that it was ridiculous for me and Ci Lisda to step into the endless line. This was because it was just a waste of time. Our mission was just to take a picture of the butler and maid cafe in a secretive way! Mission, Start! LOL.

maid and butler cafe

just look at the line for Atalier Cafe! Not to mention there were a lot of securities guarding every corner of the cafe. Most girls waited in line for the butler cafe, of course, duuh...

I had almost taken a picture of one of the maids, but then,
this camera was too slow too capture her!!!
In the end, I got these two dudes in the cash register! 

there they are again.. IUEHFIAFEIUH

Just look at the queue!!!! guys wait for the maid cafe, while the girls wait for the butler cafe. 
In case you all are not familiar with Moe moe Kyun and Atelier Royale , let me show you their picture. The pictures are not mind. These two cafes are always present in any AFA event across Asia. Like any other restaurants, these maids and butlers, are ready to serve you like: bringing your food, helping you to order food and all sorts of normal waiters and waitresses. The only difference between these types of cafes and your usual family restaurant were the uniform and the faces. Obviously, these cafes have the cutest anime-ish uniforms and all the maids and butlers here have very soft porcelain-looking faces. This is to bring out the anime's maids and butlers to life and fulfilling an otaku's dream to be served by a cute maid or butler. 

moe moe kyun cafe. 

Atalier Royale Cafe

I, personally, based on economic concepts, think that this is such a great way to obtain money! HAHA! Due to the booming of anime worldwide, there are a lot of otakus you can ever imagine. Thus, demand for cafes like this are spacious and might be really profitable. 

However, I feel kinda bad seeing one of the butlers from Atelier Cafe having a shocked face when he saw the huge crowd waiting for the services of these butlers. His face was priceless! HAHA! I should have taken his picture in that shocked face! Full of regrets.. --"""" 

Anyway, I tried to take a photo of the butler cafe as I saw a gap at the door. I thought that no one would look and so I made my move to take a picture of the inside. Unfortunately, to my bad luck, I was caught by 3 securities who were standing right under my nose the whole time. How could I have not seen them before I made my move. One of the securities was Malaysian, I presume. Because he spoke to me in English. urgh. I told them that, I was still outside of the cafe, so that means that I could take a picture? But NO, said the Malaysian security. Okay, after being caught, I immediately tried to divert their attention by communicating about the cafe to the other 2 Indonesian securities. Oh yeah, have I mentioned that the Malaysian security looked a bit vicious? IDK, I just felt that way. 

I told the securities that the line was really long! How long they had been standing there waiting for their turns.. The security told me that they had been waiting in line since 9 in the morning, even though the cafe was opened at 10. That was pretty shocking! Then I asked them how long was the duration of each group inside the cafe. They answered: "45 Minutes, and only 1 butler serves 1 table, when their turn was up, they were asked to leave immediately"... 

Ci Lisda's friends waited for 2 whole hours before he could step into the maid cafe. Sherren was there too. She said that Rp100k was not worth it to be served only biscuits. Not to mention that mineral water cost Rp22k at that cafe!! argh, I'm going mad. 

Customers are allowed to take pictures with the butlers and maids too. But each take cost Rp40k. An awesome way to get money when you got the looks and a fan of anime and ready to serve a bunch of people!  *thumbs up*

After seeing the cafes, we went around again... We stopped at an Oden stand, also served with people dressed in fancy costumes... But there were less people in line. 




Just beside the oden store, there were other stands too. Ice Serut stand, ice cream stand, takoyaki stand and bento stand

hungry people
 Moving on, there was a BNI stand too for taking pictures, I guess? The MC was really LOUD! urgh, my eardrums were about to explode if I stood there longer.


Just block aways, there were an animax stand, with a fairytale wall! we took a picture there.

ci lisda

i look so weird here. iruhiaefhiawefhwiefab
Then we went around again and stopped by this stand called Canvas Rangers. It appeared that they were selling Indonesia's very own playing card plus boardgame. Petwar, an original game produced by the creative minds of Indonesia, contains a variety of mind-blowing characters that specializes in authentic powers in the game. Using the reverse way of promoting the product, this product is trying to allure teenagers to purchase domestic products in order to rise up and compete in the anime-world level from Japan. Attracting consumers through games rather than from anime is the risk taken from the Petwar creators to show us all the domestic products can be as good as international products. 


the storeperson with the mascot, LPG 3 kilo
That storeperson is most probably the kindest storeman I have encountered there. He treated the customers right. He was really funny too!
I forgot what this mascot was called

forgot this one too, man, I'm such a terrible reporter

Petwar! Just for Rp80k, but I didn't buy it. HAHA..

original characters drawn by Indonesian artists

suster ngesot character was available!
The storeperson told us that she could transform to a motorcycle!
How awesome is suster ngesot in that game! 

in the corner, there was a guy teaching kids
to play the game so that they would no be confused. 
LPG 3 Kilo
 We strolled around again, and found this shop. It seems that this stand was about creating superheroes, trying to compete against Marvel and DC Comics. This stand is none other called the Skylar Comics.



After a while, I felt tired and a bit dehydrated. I was sweating like a pig. I decided to sit down. Across me where ladies waiting for their daughters. There was a grandma too waiting with a stick-like prop in her hand. 

Sorry about the blur
 We walked again, and suddenly we encountered Alois from Kuroshitsuji! I told the guy to do a pose for me and here it was, VOILA!!! BAM! A confident pose to the camera!
ps: a cross dresser..


a great costume! love the boots! 
On with our journey, we saw this naruto cardboard poster thing. There were only a few naruto character cosplayers back then. Most of the cosplayers are now attracted to Vocaloid..


there was an auction sale for handmade artisans posters. Ci Lisda was thinking to buy it but then she changed her mind. 
Btw, do you notice the red hair guy at the bottom left corner in the above image, I had no idea why he was staring into my soul the whole time I was standing there. I freaked out and hence I kept on hiding behind Ci Lisda and some other strangers' back.

Afterwards, we headed to a stand, there was this poster too, sorry for the blurry image. I didn't take a photo of the drawing of an anime guy beside the dialog box as there was someone blocking it. LOL.
Hey you! Yeah you! Is my handsome face catch your attention ? Why don't you come over here and take a look? We have cool merchandises for sale! 

I love these artworks! Love the blue one! 








There was also a stand in which you can readily order up any drawing you want to be drawn, and these artists will directly draw them for you.







the artists :D 


the avengers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

the list of deviantart users that contributed their arts into this amazing portfolio



Sherlock! Benedict Cumberbatch! 
Anyway, we were both wondering where people got this cute fan of Hatsune Miku. So we went outside to search where we could get it. We accidentally met Sherren, David, Nicholas!!!

along with hatsune miku or maybe some other character

sherren's friend and Ci Lisda

sHERREN

The whole lot of us with Cloud! 
Nicholas with a big sword (?)

1
found Mio !!! 

another vocaloid in which I forgot

I love the hat!! 

great dress! 

figurine shop





another cosplayer

posters

Mirai car! 












felt really tired,,
I felt really tired, and was still sweating a lot, and we both went to find a place where there was direct air condition.

this place was a bit chilly, so we stayed there for a while.
We met Sherren, Michelle and David again

the prettiest cosplayer there! 


In the afternoon, we both were feeling a bit hungry, so I went in line to buy Japanese Ice Cream called Yokomon, while Ci Lisda went in line for Takoyaki as well as Okonomiyaki (pardon the spelling mistake).



the green tea flavor was finished--

the takoyaki stand! 

my vanilla yokomon

Ci Lisda waiting in line

with her strawberry yokomon
After waiting for some time for food, we went to search for a place to eat. The whole place was full. We decided to go up the balcony to eat our grub there. When we arrived there, the balcony was really empty! Not to mention that there was an empty aircon-ed room! EMPTY!!! With no further ado, we went inside and ate there!

the condition seen from the balcony

the filled room! 

man, I'm not ready in this picture. 


the takoyaki and okonomiyaki

the chocolates Ci Lisda brought. 
Mirai software on ipad! It is animated fyi

doll! 

the wallpaper

Danny Choo










mirai car

Danny Choo's signature on a poster



graphic tablet and a touch screen monitor for editing! 


her costume is amazing! 
So at around 2, we went home.. LOL.. 


still feeling hot! 
Back at home, we chatted some more. We also told our moms about the event. There were endless lines everywhere, uncountable people, and a stuffy atmosphere. But, all in all, it was after all a good experience for me to try out AFA for the very first time in Indonesia! :) 

so sorry for the long post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top