Friday, August 24, 2012

Lebaran Week

Lebaran Week this year is absolutely the busiest Lebaran I have ever had. First of all, no maids. Secondly, I have Chemistry tuition about Organic Chemistry, a big topic in which I only got a week to learn it as the teacher is only available during the holiday, as when the holiday is over, he's back to teaching at Penabur in KG. Thirdly, I am helping my Ie2 (aunt from my mom's side) sorting out data in excel. This took me 6 days to complete it. A total eye sore. But at least I am able to apply my computer skills in excel in helping her out; avoiding a lot of time taken using manual work compared to VLOOKUP funtion.

my dad got this from the bank, perhaps

Selamat Idul Fitri! 

On the bright side, chores are divided between me, my mom and my sisters. I usually do the dishes, while my sisters do the cooking and my mom doing the cleaning. Most of the time, we buy takeaways. :D

On the 20th of August, I got the most shocking news ever. I got a call during the evening from Dennise's mom asking me whether I know which mortuary is Yessica at. Yessica is my friend Universal School, she was suffering from brain cancer. But I never would have guessed that she would pass away that quickly! She was about my age. And this was just blowing my mind off. I was literally shocked hearing the question from Dennise's mom. I answered her that I did not know and I would try to find out where the mortuary was. So I did. I asked Sheila. Apparently, she had visited the mortuary and had mourned. She was actually asking me t join with her, but I did not see her message. So, in the end, I went to the funeral home with Dennise's mom at about half past 8 at night.

We arrived in the middle of a sermon. So we sat there at the back. Then after a while, there was this guy staring at me. And when I looked at him, there was Irvan, sitting next to me! I also saw Kelvin who was sitting right in front. Saw Adrian too. Irvan told me that Lim was there too.

After the sermon, and the holy communion and the baptism, I decided to bid Yosephine (Yessica's twin) and her mother goodbye, telling them my deepest condolence too. We were in a rush, because Dennise's aunt had a visitor coming to her house. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she went along with us to the funeral home.

I felt teary seeing how devastated Yose and her elder sister seeing their sister lying in the coffin lifeless. Today (Thursday, 22/8/12), Yessica's body was buried. I believe that she is now in heaven being happy and healthy.

Anyway, yesterday, when I visited my cousin's house, I watched a movie called Chalet Girl. I thought it was a TV series at first but then I realized it was not. It's available on youtube. I have finished watching it just now!


Watch the Trailer :D 


Chalet Girl beholds a story about a girl who worked as a helper in a Chalet (a ski lodge). A girl who was a champion in skateboarding, who ended up working in a fast food restaurant, now worked as a chalet girl. During her time working there, she tried snowboarding and fell in love with it. Not to mention that she entered a competition too. What about her love life? Well, she met a guy who was staying at the ski lodge she was working at. She fell for him. In fact, later on, that engaged guy decided to go for her as well and dumped her fiancee. In a nutshell, a pretty comical movie, and those snowboarding moves are awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top