Friday, July 19, 2013

MYC (Mid Year Conference) - Longing For The Cross (15.07.13 - 19.07.13)

This is going to be a lengthy post summarising every bits and pieces of the awesome 5-days-and-4-nights-mid-year-conference.

Day One

I stayed at Cim and Ci Icing's place and sacrificed another strike of not being in my room at 10. If you have read this blog, I might have mentioned a couple of times that underaged students living at Uniterrace are supposed to be in their respective bedrooms at 10. And there is always a bedcheck in which the RAs will knock on the underaged doors to make sure that we are inside.

Anyway, I stayed at Cim's place so that we can along with Claire (cim and Ci Icing's housemate) go by bus to the station early in the morning to catch the train.

I woke up at around 4:30 in the morning. Basically, all three of us were ready by around 5. We made our move at somewhat 15 minutes pass 5. It was still dark outside. Seems like night time perhaps. No sign of a sunbeam at all. The weather was chilly as usual. What do you expect of an early morning right in the middle of winter.

It seemed that we were the first ones to arrive at central station. We were planning to catch the same bus as the maroubrians, but it was too cold to wait for them. So we went ahead first. Upon arriving the station, we quickly bought ourselves the ticket to Richmond. A one-way ticket costs about 6.60$.

The three of us had to wait for the others as we were catching the 6:40 train. Then when everyone was present, off we went!


It was a one-and-a-half hour trip on the train. I slept on the way there. I was terribly sleepy. I had never woken up so early before. Not to mention, the load Cim and I had to carry was an ample amount. We packed a lot of things, but that is another story which will be discussed later on.

An unexpected person happened to be on the same carriage like us. I saw my SCIF tutorial classmate, Vincent! I had no idea that he is a part of CBS. I still couldn't believe my eyes though. Out of all the familiar faces on campus, I couldn't believe that he would be the

As we arrived to Richmond train station, there were buses waiting for us to pick us up to Merrroo! However, to our misfortune, the three buses before us were filled with other Campus Bible Study members, that was why we had to wait for another bus to  arrive. It didn't take long to wait for the 4th bus to arrive.

The bus trip was quite fast indeed. However, we got the chance to see the luscious greeneries which was incredible. We could savour the morning view of Richmond.


pardon the bad quality picture






















































Day Two





















Day Three


















Day Four




























Day Five





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top