Monday, July 1, 2013

Melbourne Outing Day 2

I slept on the extra mattress we ordered the other night. I was planning to wake up at 7 to have a head start on the shower than everybody. It was all according to plan. I woke up at 7. But then when I looked out the window, it was still dark. Then I decided to go back to sleep and guess what, I was the last one to wake up with the help of Ci Hilda's melodious voice calling me "cewe".

Meanwhile, the guys were already downstairs waiting for us
It was 8:30 and it was possibly impossible for me to take a morning shower as we were running out of time. In addition to that there was already someone occupying the toilet. Felt bad for the guys who were already downstairs. LOL. :p

So, we were up for BRUNCH! Super hungryyyy..





RMIT building is cute
Went to Mr Tulk for brunch, Met Felya's friend too. Another authentic brunch place. The place is so cozy. And the food aroma was just too pleasant. This just made me hungrier.


the other table 

books stacked as decoration to resemble a wall of books. 


ci hilda

the lady looked at the camera. LOL...... 


chicken pie <3 

ham bag

salmon gravlax
Egg Bruschetta
group photo






The food was pretty good. Anything will taste good with an empty stomach. Empty stomach is a great perk to neutralise any okay-tasting food. Because it adds the essence of tastiness. Speaking of perks I remember the Sims 2 PSP game that I used to play. There is such a similar perk. The perk is used to lower the chance of getting hungry quickly. LOL. Man, how I miss my PSP right now.

After brunch we went to buy the famous ox-tongue (gyutandon) for lunch as we were going to venture quite a lengthy road trip to Phillip Island! Woohoo. I also went to Coles to buy snacks too to prevent any "whale sounds" (like what Santa says).

the dome
the clock that will animate every hour and only lasts about 3 minutes. 
Subsequently, the clock stroke at 12, we quickly aligned ourselves in front of the clock to take a photo. We wanted to take the exact same photo last night but we were too late and all the animation clock works had stopped when we arrived near the clock. But we managed to see for ourselves what we have been anticipating for since the previous night.

And by the time we had taken our photo, and when I saw the product, I was the only one who wasn't ready. My eyes were halfway closed. Just look at the photo down below.

grr my eyes are half opened
Without further ado, we made our move to Phillip Island. We were obviously had to be quick about this before the main attractions close. However we made a hasty stop at a macaroon shop, La belle Miette. The shop was filled with pastel colours which make it look elegant and vintage at the same time.

w/ Ci Tika


Thereon, we went on the open road once more to Phillip Island. It took about 2 hours before we reached the place of our destination. I fell asleep on the way. We decided to eat lunch there. Yep, you got that right, the ox-tongue that we bought was eaten at that very moment.




o-bento

savoury mouth-watering gyutandon
We enjoyed the famous gyutandon at the chocolate factory patio. We weren't supposed to bring any outside food. But we didn't notice the sign up till the part we had finished eating our lunch.

After lunch we were in a bit of a dilemma whether or not we would enter the chocolate factory or not. Each entrance fee was about 15 bucks. But we decided to enter anyway as we were already there, we might as well enjoy the whole chocolate bonanza. 

these heels are made of chocolate. 

the ticket to the amazing world of chocolate

blurry wall of chocolate bars

photo before entering wonderland







At first we were welcomed with the processes of how chocolate is made. This is super cool. There are the necessary machines available in each process too. The Panny figurines are a bit eerie-looking though. But I love looking at them because of the extra details in the effort of creating them. The colours are vibrant and very appealing. I could spend hours just looking at the details. This is just like a story book, I presume.

There are games available too. And when you win, you get a free chocolate ball.



texture centre




the floor reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory to some extent

rawr

we reached up till 400 kg in total with this weight balance


chocolate statue of David


There was a photobooth too inside! We took some not-so-alright-not-so-decent photos. It was great. We should at least get something decent out of this but unfortunately we didn't. Hmm.. Too bad.
We could send the pictures through emails which was great. We didn't need to print the hard copy.




chocolatefall.
Another great thing offered inside the factory was the Amazing Chocolate Machine. Visitors are able to  make their own chocolate by pulling the levers and pushing buttons of ingredients.

chocolate machine



special ingredients: strawberries, cola, vegemite and wasabi

tadaaaa.. 
We made the most absurd chocolate mixture ever. And that was: dark chocolate with strawberries, cola, vegemite and wasabi. The taste was beyond imaginable. It tasted like the balloon you blew from a straw. The toy I used to buy when I was still in kindergarten. I forgot what it was called, but it the taste was similar to that when you accidentally inhaled the balloon. Purely irritating but guess what, I ate 3 bars. Despite the bizarre flavour, I had no idea why I couldn't stop eating it. 

Eventually we finished touring the chocolate factory, and we reached to another predicament. We were wondering whether to visit the Penguins or the motorGP racecourse, hmm, what's that called again? I don't know something to do with Grand Prix. I am bad with names sorry. However, we reached to a decision of visiting the penguins instead. 

We reached to Nobbies Centre to sightsee the penguins' humble abode. However, it was already closed. Therefore, we proceeded in just looking at the attraction of penguins coming from the sea to the beach in search for food. 


 
Took a quick snapshot. 
adult ticket was for 22.60$
silently took a photo of a penguin. Turned out to be blurry because I was too shaky 





There were a lot of incidents occurred inside the penguins' dwelling. Taking photos are strictly restricted. I got caught when I was just about to turn on my camera. I didn't even turn on the flash and my camera was in discreet mode. The man was staring into my soul with his wide big eyes. He did not even blink once. He stared for a long time. It was not only me who got stared, Felya too. LOL. What made things worst wast that from all that staring, I didn't even get a good picture of a penguin. I got a blurry one instead.

However, it was really fun looking at the penguins waddling their webbed feet on the sand. Gazing at the stars in the sky was quite memorable as well. I have never seen that much stars in my life. That was most probably because of the light pollution in big cities such as Jakarta and Sydney and everywhere I have been.

It was freezing outside, I couldn't even feel my numb nose. Eventually, it was time for us to go back for dinner. I was still pretty stuffed from all the snacking during the penguin show. We went to a burger shop called Huxtaburger.



this was DELICIOUS, shared the burger with Ci Hilda, Felya, Cim and I. 

After grabbing a nibble on the dinner, we continued on to search for desserts. We went to a place called Stokers. Ci Hilda told us that this shop closes till 3am in the morning. It is a great place to hangout though considering all the shops that close early.

the menu




listening to ghost stories
During our time there we exchanged creepy ghost stories with one another. Two words to describe the whole situation then were "paranoid" and "shivers". I had no idea why I kept on sensing a disturbing aura that moment. And that time I was sitting near the window pane. I was so afraid that there could be anyone that would break that window glass and grabbed and choked me or something or rather. Too much imagination I know.

Then later that night, when we were walking towards the hotel, another, should I say "horrifying", incident had befallen upon some of us. I was holding my bladder and was walking on the front line with Felya on our way back from the parking lot to the hotel. Suddenly both of us heard an approaching loud scream behind us. I thought there was someone charging me from the back. It was really scary, I slowly turned my head and I had no clue why I also shouted. I grabbed Felya's shoulder and I screamed at her. LOL. Causing her to be a little pissed. Guess where the approaching shout was from, it was Cim who shouted. Apparently, Jopil touched her ankle and due to the ghost stories we shared that night, Cim thought there was a supernatural being touching her ankle. The thought of someone pranking her did not even evolve in her mind. The worst thing was that there was a screaming-linkage.

That night, I was traumatised with all the horror stories.

I couldn't believe that tomorrow would be the last day of our outing in Melbourne. 

to be continued on the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top