Sunday, June 9, 2013

Santa Ngan's Birthday

After Focus church, I went to back to the terraces to meet up with Bunga, Della and Grace to attend Santa's birthday in the city!

Happpyy birthday Santa, my super awesome friend whom I met during Orientation Week!

We ate at Seoul-Ria in the city, a Korean restaurant as you can see from the restaurant name itself. I have no idea why but since I have arrived in Sydney, it has been several times of consuming Korean cuisine. I think I have eaten more Korean food here compared to when I was in Jakarta.

In the bus stop we met with my Singaporean friends too. It was a good thing that we met them. I had no clue where the restaurant is.

As soon as we have arrived in the city, I had to buy a birthday card for Santa. LOL. I thought I would buy at Coles but then all the birthday cards available there were not that cute-looking. Fortunately, we passed this shop called Typo. I love going to shops like this. I would spend endless hours just by looking at the items there, goggling my eyes throughout the items.


we wrote the card before giving to Santa


yey! we gave the present to her

side dish




eel
chicken

fish
toppoki
korean pancakes


the other table
whoah. just look at the food fit for an army
girl group photo
The food kept on coming, I felt really bloated consuming all these food. 

After lunch, we went outside to take a group photo. I had a great idea of taking the group photo in Chinatown. How awesome is that. LOL. HAHAHAA.. 

We decided to put a self timer on one of the flat pole on the street. But then it was an epic fail. So I asked for a stranger.

we weren't ready, we used a self-timer. it was such a struggle. 
The stranger even took a photo of me for testing. It was an awkward thing but okay. She asked me whether I could speak Chinese, err, I said only a little bit. LOL. I know it was embarrassing.


But here is the final product of asking the stranger for the photo! Yey!

yey.. 
After taking photos, we departed, Bunga, Della, Grace and I went back to Typo! It was a great day looking at stationaries and cute decorations.





After Typo, we went to morning glory. There was a 30-50% discount. But still, as expected from a very expensive country, the discount didn't better off the situation. It was still expensive when compared to the items available back in Jakarta. Man, how I miss all the cheap stuffs in Jakarta. Bought cards there for the graduates not to mention bought some congratulations cards at Typo as well. Apparently, there were less congratulations cards compared to birthday cards or lovey-dovey cards in shops like this. 

Then we went to a Sanrio shop available at Sussex Street! It was really small. Argh. Not to mention expensive. The atmosphere reminds me of mangga dua or glodok in Jakarta. Such a small and closed shop. 

Anyway, after pleasing our eyes with kawaii stuffs, we went to a bubble tea shop, if I am not mistaken, it was Sharetea (I guess) before taking a bus home. 

Overall, it was such a great day for me! There were unexpected moments on that particular day in which I am lazy to describe here. I hope I could remember the moments when I read this blog post sometimes in the future. 

Later on, I went on to hit the books for the upcoming finals. grr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top