Monday, February 11, 2013

Slytherin Year

Xin nian kuai le! Xin nian mung en! Bai nian!

Sorry for the pinyin above. I should have just written it with hanzi but then this is my first time blogging this with an iPad. So much harder here.

Anyway, I know this is somehow a late post. Let me start of telling the story of the chinese new year dinner gathering,

As it is the tradition of the Tika family to gather on the very night before Chinese new year, my family went to my cekong's house. Year after year, we we will never miss a night gathering there. I sometimes feel a lil bit bored coming there for some reasons. Firstly, I'm going to meet all the big Tika family there whom I only meet twice a year. Lots of commentaries from cousins too about boyfriends, bla bla bla. Another conversation that the elders like to chat about is the changing of physical feature. It's either getting called fatter or thinner. Luckily, the person that always comment me on that particular thing every year didn't see me. That was because I was avoiding her all the way. huahahahahahaha?.. Secondly, there's no wifi. Or if there is, I'm lazy to ask for it.

The different thing about this year's dinner compared to the previous years was that this year was actually pretty entertaining. Firstly, when I was asked to play the piano, I have improved a bit, not to mention there are some piano music sheets lying there. So I can play the song although my sight-reading is not that accurate, but still, people can identify the piece I was playing. Lol. Secondly, my aunt asked another cousin of mine to accompany her with the piano while she sings. Whooh. It was a heart-throbbing moment. Not to mention, all my cousin bros and sis were shouting my name. Fortunately, it was not loud enough. Thirdly, there was a magic show as usual, but this time, my sisters and I (the four of us) were asked to come in front for the magic show. Despite the very fact, that we didn't win any money from the hongbaos we picked. Zz.. Magics are full of despises. And last but not least entertainment of the night was the bet of who can picked up the 100,000 rupiah bill in a snake cage with a snake named, Oscar, guarding it. I was the first person to try out. Everyone was shouting. Luckily when I put my hands in, the snake didn't attack me but instead it moved away from my hand. It was my chance to grab the money quickly, I did it anyway! Yay! Then it was time to feed Oscar with a little cutie white mouse. I took the mouse from my uncle and when I was about to put the mouse inside the cage, everyone was shouting again and many people standing behind me tickled me so that I could drop the mouse. I didn't drop it. Phew. After that, my cousin, Claudia, recorded a video of Oscar eating his snack. It took 10 minutes for the snake to gobble up everything.

On the day of chinese new year, I woke up very early to attend church, then afterwards waited for my ie2 to go together to my cousin's house to hunt hongbaos! Ate breakfast there. Longevity noodles with seaweed and hard boiled egg in a chicken soup.

my breakfast! 
There were 4 destinations we needed to go that day. Had so much fun!

Didn't take lots of pictures that's because I forgot to bring my digicam! Grr..

Happy Chinese new year everybody! For those who celebrates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top