Friday, February 1, 2013

Double Movie Evening (Les Miserables & Cloud Atlas)

I can't believe it's almost the end of January. I am sorry I haven't been an active blogger lately. Moreover, I haven't been doing much in my holidays other than watching TV series that I have transferred to my harddisk and watching it on TV. This is so much better than watching it online on the laptop. Screen size difference duh? And don't forget the volume adjustment in which I could increase on TV. HUAHAHA.

Anyway, let's get to the point here, another sorry of wasting your time on the first paragraph. There I did it again wasting a couple of seconds for a couple of words. Keep reading.

Today has been a more productive day for me compared to previous days of my holidays. I actually started to skim through my sister's biology textbook. After two years of never taking Biology as one of my course selection. I have to start from the basics once more. Yep, I am talking about animal cells, plant cells, diffusion, osmosis, etcetera etcetera. And I even made little notes too.

sorry for the doodles vivi. LOL 
Later on during the day, Cim and I watched Les Miserables. Finally peeps!!! Finally, we have FINALLY got to watch this epic movie! I wish we could just watch it on theaters but then we were too late as they are not showing it now. 



Les Miserables, the title hints watchers that the movie is going to be full of tragedy. I'm a bit lazy summarizing the story for you, so here's the link --> imdb link

At first, it was hard for me to understand what the characters are saying because they were singing their script rather than the usual conversing script thing, I don't know exactly what English term we use for describing that. But my point is, it was really hard as they were singing in an English accent (I guess). However, as the story progresses I am able to understand the plot. Some says that this is a really sad movie. On the contrary my emotion disagrees to this and I didn't cry as much as I would have expected. Well I did tear up during the ending. And that's just because the ending is too perfect. And those are happy tears! Period.

The next movie we watched was Cloud Atlas. But then out stomachs were grumbling for food. So Cim cut down some red dragonfruits for snacks!

so delicious and refreshing. They would leave a pink stain on your lips. I would usually pretend that I am a vampire after sucking blood. HUAHAHA.. I have been watching too much vampires..zz
Now let's proceed !



 Another complicated movie. I have no idea why I watched this movie after watching Les Miserables in the first place. I think I got it why, you want to know why, I'll tell you why, that's just because I saw this trailer before watching Skyfall in the cinema. However, Cloud Atlas didn't show up till this moment. Why show a movie that would not being shown anyway. This literally happens so often here.

Cloud Atlas, the plot line of the movie is not as simple as the title sounds. The movie lasts about 3 hours. And it obviously drilled my brain wondering a lot of things about this movie. So mysterious. And in the end, after watching this movie, I again read the synopsis on imdb to clarify my queries. imdb link

It finally hit me while watching Cloud Atlas why Jakarta Theaters did not show this movie. Maybe it doesn't pass the sensory test here. I should say that there are a lot of  "no no stuffs". And just the thought of specifying it here makes my mind hurt. It was a painful sight! T-T

But overall, it was a great mystery story. And those of you who likes to connect the dots on plotlines like this, you should definitely give Cloud Atlas a try. Furthermore, I just knew that we could transform a Caucasion to an Asian my make-up. Eyes do make a difference. 

In a nutshell, today's film selection is the bomb! Both are super confusing! HAHA.. And this was the first time I actually had to read the synopsis to understand a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top