Monday, January 28, 2013

Aunt Currie's Wedding

I have just arrived home from the party that I attended. Aunt Currie is a distant cousin from my mom's family.

There was a teppai early in the morning too. We came there after church. Teppai is a ritual in which the bride and groom are given hongbao-s by both family sides for blessings. And in return the bride and groom offer the family with tea and some cake.

Later on, in the evening, there was a Wedding Reception at Hotel Mulia.

Check out the photos below!

the menu
 At first I was super worried that I might not be able to stand properly using a very high wedges while eating prasmanan (Indonesians will know this term). To my good luck, there was seats available in the family side dining area. So lucky!


helen and vivi

offered a red wine

cim

vivi

me

our table

the prasmanan area

lemon tea. super refreshing

the dessert aisle

sushi
 It was rare for me to encounter sushi in a wedding like this. So in order not to miss this golden opportunity, I took a lot of sushi and sashimi on one large plate. I am going to share it with my sisters though. I will never going to finish it by myself. I still need to save up space for other food too you know.

macaroons
 Cim took a lot of macaroons too. Usually at weddings where they serve macaroons, these little treats will be finished in no time at all.

helen was pink as she drank a glass of wine instantly

lasagna

white macaroons. this one tastes better than the chocolate ones above

creme brule

awkward looking face

hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream

I look so sleepy there. zz

lol

the wedding cake


zupa soup! the glorious taste of this soup always makes me longing for more!
On the contrary this time the soup doesn't satisfy me at all
the dimming of the lights

white wine

the souvenir! 
I better be going now! Toodles! Good night!

Ps: there were like 4 Indonesian celebrities there! How awesome right! Delon, Marcella Zalianty and her husband, the racer, and Olivia Zalianty. 

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T believe it!!! The wedding reception was super cooooooolllll!!!! I'm dreaming to eat at hotel mulia!! You're really lucky!! Maybe I should go there too right?

    Your penpal ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! It was really cool! Yes you should, there are some buffets there :3 .. The food is delicious!

      Delete

Back To Top