Saturday, November 8, 2014

Parents are in town // 3 continuous days of EXAM

Hey Guys, so I was in my study vacuum break in which I have one more week to prepare for my DEADLY finals.

8th November, Sat

My parents just came from Indo on the 8th because Cim is graduating. Cim and I picked them up from the airport. I was even bringing my pathology notes and was studying. Instead of bringing those cards that have the names of the people  you are picking up written on it, I was holding notes on Atherosclerosis with revolting images on gangrene. People were actually attracted to my notes which made me feel both insecure or slightly pleased that I am a medical student. LOL.

Anyway, we waited and waited, apparently there were a lot of other Indos arriving that day.  

The taxi driver from the airport was kind of obnoxious. In a way that he was asking us if we knew our way to Coogee and he told us that he did not know the way despite the freaking GPS available beside him! Nevertheless, Cim told the driver that she was going to instruct him on which road he should take. It was very awkward during the whole journey. I honestly salute his effort on making conversations with us but then again I did not feel like talking and I was sensing some weird vibe from this man. Oh another thing that made me conclude his arrogance was that suddenly he said that he was not getting any instructions and he was driving and I quote "driving without a head". Well, as we were still cool-headed, we just laughed it off, Cim told him that he was experienced and all bla bla bla, he laughed too as we praised his amazing road mapping skills even though he said he did not know the way bla bla bla. Upon arrival, he told us the fee and we did not know that he added extra ~4$ to the fee. We asked why it was 4$ extra because we did not know anything about airport tax but at least he could have told us nicely. He exclaimed "for the bloody airport tax". Like seriously, why would you say that to your customers, I know that you have safely drove us to the right destination but why would you do that. I mean, why couldn't you treat us nicely. Is it because we're Asians? Somebody needs to watch Frozen more: CONCEAL, DON'T FEEL AND LET IT GO! I should let it go too. *sigh*

When we arrived home, Cim and I started unpacking my parents' stuffs. They brought us lots of snacks from Indo. WAHHH.. Ammunition for studies indeed ! I went back to study again while my dad took a snooze and my mom and Cim went out and go for grocery shopping. Later that night we went to Darling Harbour. Gonna eat some Hurricane Grill!





we waited for more than an hour!!!!!!!!! WHY SHOULD IT BE
SO CROWDED! next time, we should def book first! 

glistening pork ribs! 



lol ate 4! 

it was about time for fireworks!

9th November, Sun 

Went to church early in the morning and went around the city and Watsons Bay. It was so good for our church friends who lent their Opal Card for us which made travelling easy for us and FREE/cheaper than the original cost (2.5$ once and for all). I haven't registered for Opal yet because I usually walk to uni these days and rarely use the bus. I use the bus if I am late or I have classes early in the morning. But usually I just walk home.


the annual magical display of David Jones. it's a reindeer theme this year

ate at Chat Thai






papaya SALAD!

went to Watsons Bay






my nails for the past week

ate at Bondi Pizza!

the nacho was good! but i prefer Guzman y Gomez's

10th November, Mon

Got my first exam today! Physiology Test! The questions were completely different from the past paper. It was super bad. I had a hard time filling out the question. I forgot most of the information that I studied! It was bad. Such a bad start! I was in a mental breakdown too during the test. I felt like crying and when I had finished the test, I was counting the % that I would get and counting whether I could pass the course or not. I don't want to fail. Why is it always like this, I am never good at exams.

Later that night, we had dinner at Randwick at my favorite pasta restaurant: Isabella's. I did not bring my camera with me, so yea no photos. Sorry. LOL. Oh and I got Biochemistry test tomorrow too which I had not prepared. After dinner and shopping at Coles, I did not even have the urge to study and went to sleep. I woke up at 2 in the morning and started to study my butts off as fast as I could. This is what you call Studying last minute. I was so grateful that my exam started at 2 in the afternoon. If it was at 9 in the morning, I could not possibly think that I would spend time with my parents.

I felt so bad for my parents that no one accompanied them strolling around Sydney. Cim has work and I am in a middle of exam week. I have prepared studying 2 weeks before but due to my super slow brain capacity that 2 weeks I spent was for preparing notes and I had not even memorised anything. I just hope I don't fail anything in this semester.


11th November, Tue

So Biochemistry Paper 1 was not as bad as physiology. I could attempt the questions and I did not have a mental breakdown during the test. Although I was almost late when I reached the place of examination. I was actually 10 minutes early but then when I have arrived, everyone started moving into the exam hall which made me feel uneasy. I did not have the time to even go for a toilet break. I was seated in the front rows and so the test started at 2. I left half an hour early and took the bus home afterwards. 

My parents went around Kingsford and had lunch there. My friend's dad showed them around in his taxi. 

Tomorrow was my most-feared exam out of all! It was Pathology! I had some terrible moments with subjects relating to Anatomy. I actually despise it. It was interesting at first but when it comes to the test, I always have a mind-fart. I spent some time staying back with Alvin and Bryan at uni to study Path. They helped me a lot! I went back home at around 8 at night because I was hungry.

12th November, Wed

I woke up at 2 in the morning again to to some last minute studying. The exam was actually not that hard. But somehow, I forgot most points! I could only remember the first or two points then everything else was a blur! So hoping I pass!!!!! I don't want to repeat!

That night, we had dinner in the city with Ci Icing and Ko Jefry at a Thai restaurant called Holy Basil. It was a good dinner. I could not stop thinking about my exams though which did not make the night enjoyable to me at all.

Worst of all, I was having another stress coming from properties. No elaboration on this one.

ate at a Thai restuarant called Holy Basil at Shark Hotel in the city


such a huge fish



fried ice cream! 
Despite the three days of death, I still survive and thankful to God that I could pass this hurdle of 2nd year. Moreover, I could also spend time with my parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top