Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HelloFest Cosplay @ Balai Kartini (i think it was on the 11th of Feb)

Ci Lisda, Cim, Ii Lily (Ci Lisda's mom) went to a comic-convention.. hmm.. not exactly a comic-con. It was An Anime Expo consisting of cosplayers competing with one another and there were also a lot Japanese trinkets and everything. HelloFest was held at Balai Kartini. IT WAS HUGE! AND CROWDED! 

A lot of my friends from WMU such as : Nicholas, Sherren, Celine, William and Derrick went there. But I didnt meet any of them! 

the banner! 

the mascot. LOL.

I saw these figurines and so I took a picture of them for my blogging purpose.

domo!


dorayaki! I wanted them however my stomach had reached its limit after eating hoka2 bento and 2 balls of takoyaki

hokben for dinner.. 
we ate this just before going home. 
sorry I put these dinner pictures way over the top of this post, it should be put later on but then there are too many pictures and it is hard to sort them out with such limited time!
Ive got to do my homeworks!!! It is almost 8 and I still havent touched my books yet! 

the takoyaki! it was a messy table. 
the FLOOR was even messier!

takoyaki!

we took a photo with these cosplayers first as soon as we had arrived the building. 
Chobits and the right one was his creative idea. 
grr, I look so weird in tht picture. 
Just look at the guy holding his chin, how did he end up there? 

It took us sometime to reach the destination. The traffic was unbearable! It took us 2 hours just to arrive at Balai Kartini. Moreover, outside Balai Kartini's building, the road was jammed too. There were cars everywhere. And so Ci Lisda's dad decided to park the car first and then we walked by feet to the building! On our way (still on the road by feet), we met Ricco's car. It seemed that he was stuck in traffic. And we were not the only late-comers to the event. We arrived there at around 4:30 (more or less, i forgot). 

Her costume was the best I had seen so far!!! her kimono is awesome!

urgh awkward pose again crystal. great job. 
oh yeah the girl on the very left, I think she dressed as Sakura from Clamp?
But idk. Just saying

Disney Princess! 
really disappointed!

urghh.. My eyes are closed!
mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ah i love the girls' costumes. aaa..so cute!

my fringe was starting to get messy.. 
it was really hot!

when we were sight-seeing the whole place, I saw that these were sold. When I looked closer, these red velvet cupcakes did not look like they were supposed to be. 
and 10k for a cupcake? hmm.. sure.. Good luck with the customers.

shawn the sheep and pororo! and nemo too.
these dolls were sold too???!!!

pinssss!! 
there were a lot of pins like these sold there!
But I couldnt seem to find any of those pins that had a Persona Character on them.

"Obral Naruto's Outfit Rp.50.000,00"
wow.. goban?!
LOL.. 

By the way, there are nil number of naruto cosplayers at the event. Most of the cosplayers dressed themselves as Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid. LOTS OF THEM!! 

there were games too. 

karaoke-ing like playing audition

RITSU!! k-on mini figurine!
wth happened to the drumsticks? 
they bend??!!

keychains!

look at all the stalls?!! 
ke-raow-deeeddd

Ci Lisda wanted to buy these bands. Each costs 30k..
She was in a dilemma. 
In the end, she didnt buy it.

tare2bozu? ah i forgot what it's called. Used to create rain?

TORO..

BATIK!
there was a wayang cosplay too!
their costumes are amazing!

thank you dude for covering my view of taking a picture of the judges. 
THANK YOU!!
YOU HAVE COVERED ALMOST HALF OF THIS PICTURE

The judges. 
dressed as Cruella Devil and Snow White.. 

hmm.. again..

man i should have posed sth silly instead..gahhhh
hatsune miku and a zombie-ish teapot girl-->her costume is incredible!


met Ricco's friend, Ricco and Demmas.. 

Vocaloid again

there was nicholas as the undertaker from Kuroshitsuji..
thanks lady in front of me

we should take a photo again. 

dude dressed up as a carboard box

my fringe is getting worse!
btw her costume is unique!
she was the only one holding an apple!

another vocaloid!
she was the prettiest tho


fringe utterly a disgrace!
just look at the hole on my forehead!
oh yeah, the cosplayer was really pretty too. 

Look what I bought and got for free! I bought 2 Archie comics and I got a 2 magazines. 

All in all, it was a great trip. Thank you so much to Ci Lisda's parents for driving us there and waited for us there until late at night... Thank you again to Ci Lisda for inviting me to join her to events like this. 
In total, I have gone to this type of convention twice! Once at TA and then here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top