Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dear WMU Friends

Today, my teacher returned all my English essays. Pretty heart-throbbing! It was overall satisfying! LOL..
btw, see what my friend Karen did to her folder :
(bad quality picture, i know i know, idk whts wrong with my bb camera. its quality output keeps on degrading day by day. 
so creative!!! karen's doodle


You know what, since the beginning of the idea of this whole green book thing, I promised myself not to read it till everyone has commented and after I entered Uniprep.. But, I just couldnt resist to open the pages and read it!

I read em and guess what? I WEPT! YES! With the accompaniment of Disney Tarzan soundtrack, I shed some tears! I have never been this much emotional in real life before. I am always emotional during watching movies but during real life situations. I just could not help but shedding my tears. Thank you so much guys for sparing time and efforts to comment! I will cherish this little green book! And maybe someday I'll visit JIC again or meet up at GI or Senci! ^^

Never thought that each person's opinion about me is going to be different from another. Well, some "features" are the same though. But I really really really appreciate every comment..

It is sad leaving all you guys.. T_T
the library; we print our documents here..
 watch out black and white paper costs 1k while the colored ones
cost 2k :)
I have spent so much memories at WMU. All the noisy chitty-chatters we made everywhere we go.. And our hangout place is none other than the toilet, the warmest place of all rooms. Or the canteen to grab a nibble on those snacks provided for all students. teachers, employees. Not to mention, every break given by a teacher would be our opportunity to ease ourselves, from all the lessons and works loaded, to the girl's room and the canteen. Not forgetting the time we were given to do some research in the computer laboratory would turn out to be for us spending our own "research" on youtube, alkpop, 9gag, mangareader, terselubung.blogspot.com, tumblr, blogger (in my case). The teacher caught us anyway goofing off all the time. And so we were told to return to the class once more.

We have gone through a lot of "events" with some of the Monash students too. We give them nicknames: "ijo", "thailand", "jabrix" (still unknown whether he exists or not), "princess", "sabit", "andy lau", "biru", "nasi goreng", "poni" and "british", "dexter", "nanas", "bopeng", "sushi tei". Some unwanted events turned out too. Like the GR-ness of ijo and biru.
the library, Reyner is printing sth


Pak Mur, the librarian
Pak Ranto, the technician
Oh yeah I remember the time when I accidentally mistook a guy from MUFY to be one of William's friend. They looked really close that I started introducing myself to him. His name was Winston? Winson? hmm.. I forgot which. I keep on introducing myself to strangers. (This is maybe the influence of omegle..--") There was one time that my English teacher introduced me.. yes, this time I was introduced to one of his ex-student. I think he was Korean or idk! I think his name was Elie? Idk maybe I just heard it wrong. His name sounded like a girl's name. OK.. back to the topic, and so there I was started offering my hand to shake his. BUT, the stupid thing was that I did not even tell my own name? AAA.. what kind of introduction was that?! A stupid one duuh??

Moving on.. Semester one passed like a breeze.. And then semester two is going to end soon.
Semester one
When I enrolled for WMU, I have asked a lot of questions about the university to my agent, Fery. He was kind enough to tell me everything. He even showed me the pictures taken at the Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. I firstly thought that I was really going there but instead I have chosen a different path to Aussie as my sister was there. My parents are very worried in sending me to America. We have no relatives there other than my cousin who still has not really decided which university she is going to apply in America. This makes it a harder choice for my parents to let me study in America.

semester 1 class with some missing students
My first day of school at the JIC was apparently the second day of school of students there. I did not come on the orientation day and the first day of school because I was still in Jogya and Semarang. I was so worried that I might not get any friends there that I told my sunday school teacher to pray for me to be able to adapt to the whole new college environment. I even cried during the telling process to my sunday school teacher because of the worry (I have never told anyone about this. well im writing it here so that I might not forget this incident in the future :D).

First day of school turned out to be splendid. I was brave enough to have introduced myself to majority of my classmates. I really thank God for the courage he has given me. My wish to finally change since the 4th grade has at last being accomplished! I have always wanted to fool around in class, causing troubles, befriending teachers, and having a really closed relationship with my classmates. I have been praying every single night to be talkative. And in the 8th grade, my friend started to help me be talkative by bullying me. Well, the bullying works. I began chattery during the 9th grade and in 10th grade, I became wild. But still, during then I still could not befriend teachers. From then on, the will of making a ruckus in class was just trying to get the students and teachers' attentions. The greatest achievement for me on achieving this will was when Daniel (business teacher) told me that I was the TROUBLEMAKER in class!

On the first day of school, the only student I knew was Clarein. Clarein introduced me to all the girls. THANK YOU CLAREIN. :)))) To me all the girls seem very nice. I can get along with them just fine. That day, I started to collect as many pins I could get. So the first thing of introduction was asking about their BB PINS. hahaha..

We've had tons of moments shared between us and the teachers: Charles, Josep, Rehana, Daniel and Nate (continued till semester two). We do miss them so during this semester. Despite their "annoying attitudes" .. Charles was okay but his sarcasm towards most of us girls were a little bit over the top. It was funny recalling those moments when he called the girls: "Girls..." with his two palms closed tight to one another and started to move the two palms slightly downwards as if he was going to dive into a pool.  I would never forget his phrase: IT'S BUDDHA TIME! And also, every period of his before lunch, he would grab a mug of hot chocolate from the canteen and would stir the hot choco with his blackboard marker. LOLOLOL.
the computer lab

Josep, the computer teacher, was an easy person to talk to. But he was really stingy in giving marks. urgh.. The thing which was astonishing about his personal life was that HE HAS MARRIED! MOREOVER, HE HAS GOT ONE CHILD! When he told me this, I was blown away by the news. LOL.

Health class taught by ms Rehana was fun. We did all these different logs for our benefits. I actually exercised to get one the logs done. I remember the time Ms Rehana showed us pictures about identifying certain objects hidden in an illustration. It was tricky for me at first but my friends pointed out where the hidden objects were. It was very helpful of them :)
in the canteen 
I just remembered something. There was once we all went to sushi tei (w/o reyner and donny and william) for lunch, and then returned late for Ms Rehana's class. Furthermore, we became really hyper during class. All of us were as if in a sugar rush. We actually participated in a lot of discussion that time. LOL.

Daniel's class was the bomb. I always came late on his Monday morning sessions. It was a good thing there was no regulation about coming late and getting marks deducted., phew.. But I heard that in Uniprep that such regulation is applied there. AAA.. I should wake earlier then. T_T
Daniel would probably the most experienced teacher ever. He taught us with various sets of examples based on his real life job situations. He was really funny too. He made lots of jokes in class to keep his students alive. For the record, he is the first teacher to ever call me a "TROUBLEMAKER"..

Nate: I'll save his side of the story in Semester 2 section.

Day by day, there were new students enrolling for WMU. The first new student we saw was Danella. Then came Karen and Andreas and Jonathan a few days after Danella's arrival.

As always, with the new enrollment of students, I asked for their bb pins. LOL. It is fun collecting new bb pins. haha.. but i got tired of it nowadays due to the increasing in lemod-ness  (deceleration of speed) my bb storm.

The classroom became really merry with the increase in the number of students. We actually bonded really well, too bad I left the course. Or else we could continue the bond until the time we went abroad together. :)

anyway moving on to semester two//
Semester Two
We got new courses, new friends and new teachers. The courses I got for this second semester were: PSCI 2500, BCM 1420, MATH 1160 and ENG 1100.

host of Artzooka
Politics also known as the International Relations course was though by Ms Wina. Politics, honestly for me is a really hard subject. I failed two of her tests. urgh. so hard. I just couldnt seem to undertand anything. Well, during the last test, Ive tried really hard though and I realized that Politics is not as bad as Ive though afterall. What I remembered most about Politics Course was the time we were assigned to pick teammates for a project. And Clarein and I were short of one people before fulfilling the team limitation needs before we can proceed with our assignment. In the end, Arael, the new student, joined us. We did the Gadaffi project together and Arael was really flirty and all making the two of us uncomfortable. Well as always, I gave him the cold shoulder of course. LOL

Informational Writing taught by Jonathan! His class was very enjoyable. He was one of the coolest teachers Ive met so far. Moreover, I love his British ACCENT! hahaha.. Ive always wanted a British accent. It seems so cool and more high class.. LOL. His projects are the easiest of all the other courses. Furthermore, he really understands his students very much. One time, we got really bored with the lecture, he started to give us time to slack off and instead of continuing lecturing he gave us puzzles and games to solve! There was another time, he showed us a movie called the Groundhog Day for one whole period of his. He also showed us Man V. Food, The Price of Beauty, Jamie Oliver and sth from TLC about Japanese tech. 


Math taught by Mr Oni was fun. Im pretty disappointed with the last examination though. It was really hard unlike the other previous tests he gave. hmm.. Oh yeah, is it just me or he kinda look like the host of Artzooka in nickelodeon whose name is Jeremy sth. HAHA.. lol.. it is just my feeling though.. hahaha.. hmm, Mr Oni once taught a computer course in Uniprep. I have once asked him if he remembered my sister from his computer class. Well, the answer is NO. He only remembers Armaan, my sister's friend who always teases me whenever we meet. --"

derrick aka derek
I got two continuous English courses for two semesters. Both courses were taught by Nate. He taught every english classes at Jakarta International College. He is full of jokes and he is knowledgeable too. He browses a lot during classes giving us lots of information about his hometown, USA. Sometimes, he releases his sarcasms too if one of us were kinda rebelling against his will (like for instance, the time when he only gives a 10-minute break, but we kinda extended it into a 15-minute break).. LOL.. Overall, he is a fantastic teacher. Although he keeps on rejecting my essays and I have to redo it. All in all again, it's for my own good. (still, i get less marks too.. ).. <im trying to be positive> ..lol..

Oh yeah, the new students for the second semester are: Sherren (univ friend), Derrick, Edward, William, Arael, Rully, Illona, and Ima but she went to UPH during the middle of the semester. lol. We had a lot of fun together with the newcomers. Most of them love Anime, youtube and 9GAG..

So, anyway, for the last day of semester 2, we went to Grand Indonesia to watch.. We planned to watch around 12 or 1 but we were late. so we decided to eat..


 We ate at Takemori!


karen's nails






my food! lol;

filbert's food







each of us pay 50k for our meal set

after eating, we went to take a stroll in the mall. we stopped at a balcony


danel is terrified of heights

the photo:)))))

I asked the satpam favor to take this photo
he was really good int taking this photo!


while accompanying Clarein ordering Shihlin, i candit-ed some of these

candit again with a janitor as the background






after these photoshoiots we decided to go to seibu to check out some nail polish..
then we departed soon after
bye people.
hope you can do well on every assignments and tests for the next two semesters. 
and good luck in America!
KEEP IN TOUCH AS WELL!
i'll be updating about myself in this very blog. 
lol
hmm
Reyner and Jon, good luck ahead! BON VOYAGE! lol 
Danel and Clare  and Filbert have fun at WMU
Stella, Karen gd luck with the uni in LA! 
Jessica and Michelle gd luck in LA or Seattle (i keep on confusing with these two)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top