Thursday, May 31, 2012

Studies Session

What's different about today is that there were three representatives from UNSW presenting and introducing the campus and the faculty to us.

Chris Hammil, the ambassador of UNSW of Indonesia (he's Australian) came and gave us very useful information about the university. He told us about the availability of the so-called Blackboard which is used for students to achieve more practices to improve themselves. Moreover, he also mentioned about the dorms there: Unilounge. He said that students under 18 are strictly restricted by the government to live by themselves. This is as to safety reasons of course. So in order to resolve this problem, Unilounge  or Homestays are available. However, Homestays are again an issue. It is a bit complicated for students as the people from UNSW has to check their Homestay Guardians and all sort of things.

The other speakers talk about the faculty of science. One of the speakers, Merlin Crossby (If I'm not mistaken), the head of Faculty of Science in UNSW, shared lots of useful information about the science department. I even asked him about the major I'm interested of. Not to mention he was happy of hearing my interest was same like the major he has taken back in his university days. The other speaker was a woman, I don't know her name but her voice is so soothing. So sweet and so calming.

Overall, they are the nicest speakers ever. They are so friendly. And have I mentioned that the head of Faculty of Science looks a bit like Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. I am excited going to Australia after this conference with the experts.

Another thing I would like to share is that Chris told us that there is a UNSW youtube channel too. It has all the recordings of the lectures in class. It's awesome! Oh, I wished I have the link to the video he showed us today. Unfortunately, I could not find the right one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top