Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The last 6 days of December (26th - 31st)

26th December, Friday

Hung out with Dennise and Darren again today. Went to Kota Kasablanka, a new mall that I have never been to. It was located in Kuningan. The five of us : including Vivi and Helen, ate at Kyochon. Guess who's the representative guy of this chicken restaurant, it's none other than Lee Min Ho. His face is literally everywhere, on the walls, as cardboard cutouts, on plastic bags, on those papers that are put underneath your cutleries on tables (I suddenly forgot what it's called). But the food there was good! I love the chicken and the salad was not at all bad. The fried rice was a bit spicy though, but hey, who doesn't need spice in life, even fried rice needs spice to give it a little kick. 

After lunch, we went around to shop! I bought some clothes from H&M! They were having a promo that if you bought a minimum of 750k, you would get a free bag. The bag was kind of a clutch thingy but at least it could be of some good use to parties or other formal events. I don;t have that kind of bag. I usually just use the bag that I have which was a backpack, which doesn't look formal at all, so yeah this is a very useful haul. I felt bad thought about the expenditure, it's so much, although it's not just my clothes it's with vivi and helen too.  But yea we were a bit worried that our parents would scream at us from spending that much, although unexpectedly we didn't get shout off. 

After shopping we decided to eat some desserts before going home, Ate at Sumoboo. When we were about to get our table, Darren's tremors got worse and Dennise and him had to go to the pharmacy to buy some med to ease the pain. It was heart-wrenching seeing Darren trembling involuntarily and I could not do anything as I literally did not what to say out of it. Such a failure as a medsci student. Anyway, he lied down after getting his med, while we ate our desserts while waiting for the driver to pick us up. It was quite an experience though. Hope he gets well soon ! 











nutella bomb
27th December, Saturday

I am 19 y'all! Time goes by so fast. Can't believe this is my last year before I reach 20. I am not ready! Time is not on my side!!! AAAA! Anyway, I was very grateful that people remembered my bday. I am very touched though! Thank you so much people, I was kinda happy although at some point I was kinda not looking forward to my bday. I had such a good time today though.

I ate bakmi bule for breakfast! Noodles on bdays, that's a tradition alright. Then, I went to the mall with my sisters and mom. Dad couldnt come because he had to errands. Oh well, the five of us went around and bought clothes. It was fun! I should have done this in previous years. We rode the taxi to Taman Anggrek and by the time we were about 2 blocks away from the mall, there was a huge traffic. We decided to get off the taxi and walked from thereon. The road was super congested and there was no pedestrian for us to walk on. So it was such a struggle and the 2 blocks felt like a lifetime. It was a drizzling a little and the road was mushy and muddy, there were a lot of motorcycles. I was paranoid I could slip and caused a commotion but we were alright! Our feet were dirty but oh well. We shopped and shopped.. Then for dinner we ate sushi at Hachi-Hachi Sushi! Usually we don't eat sushi as a family since dad despises it but this time we ate it since he was not there. 

It was a great day, and I felt kinda tired after a long day walking. Oh and I even got a cake from Ie Susan. And it had been a while since I had a cake with my name written on it and there was even a 19th written on it. I was happy :) I even called them to say thank you. 

28th December, Sunday

We had church in the morning and the passage today was taken from Philippians 3:12-15 about Christians having to press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (v14).

Then after church I helped out at the children's library with Vivi. I had to cover new books with plastic which is such a weird hobby of mine. The teachers were going to be distributed new books for next year's materials to the kids. It was fun up till the second I stabbed myself with a staples. It hurt but luckily it didn't bleed as my next injury. So my next injury was when I tried helping out cutting unripe fruits to be mixed with a sauce to make rujak. They don't have a chopping board so we just had to do it without them. The reason I stayed there was also because of Mom's student who had not being picked up by her parents yet from church. She was in the fifth grade and she suddenly cried because she taught she was being abandoned as there were no signs of her parents picking her up. Anyway enough talking about her because this was just a blame game as I thought me slicing my finger up would not have happened if Mom, Vivi and I had just gone home right after mom had finished teaching and vivi and my job at the library were done. So, there I was trying to cut the hard bengkoang, and I was doing alright at first but I could feel the teacher beside me was looking at me that I was doing the wrong thing, but at first it was alright, I chopped up some, but when it got smaller, the knife missed the bengkoang and cut my left index finger. I tried to withstand it and tried to cover it, and acted like nothing happened, but the blood started to cover the whole tip of my finger and I had to scurry to the bathroom to wash off. Then after I covered it with paper towels I decided to cut the papaya this time. But I started to spill blood on it, and it was really red, i had to run to the toilet again since the cut was opened again. Vivi took charge this time. But after such a short period of time, Vivi came into the toilet and she told me she got cut as well, at the same spot. -_-. We both laughed.

Later that afternoon we ate lunch at home. Then went to my grandma's house. She gave me a bday hongbao which thrilled me as at first she didn't even remember that I just had my bday. When we arrived, Vivi got her 17th bday hongbao which was in just another 4 days. I was a bit disappointed that grandma forgot my bday which was what, a day ago. That was just a bit of disappointment which doesn't matter since people forget anyway. I don't really care though since I always feel that my bdays are the same as any other days. In the end I got my hongbao even though I told her that it was no need for her to pack it as she was troubling herself trying to pack the money in the hongbaos whatever. Then went to grand indonesia that night and ate at Zenbu! followed by ice cream from Cold Stone.
Helen finally got her dream shoes, wakai.


29th December, Monday

Off we went to Epicentrum or should it be called Epiwalk I have no idea, but it's the mall beside the Bakrie Tower.

Anyway, we planned to watch The Hobbit: The Defining Chapter, The Battle of the Five Armies! My mom and I haven't watched it yet and since it is the last film out of the trilogy we just had to watch. Besides, at certain XXI cineplex the ticket price costs about Rp. 25k ! This costs less than $2.5 man, what a bargain. And what I love about Indonesian cinemas are that the chairs are super comfortable and so soft and velvety. Moreover, the tickets are sturdy that they are nice to collect. I don't usually collect Sydney's movie tickets as their paper materials are like the receipts you get from shopping at Woolies or Coles. But then again, I just got the brightest idea, in which I should have just collected them and I could buy those files that you use to store business cards. They probably have the same sizes as the tickets. And after thinking about this idea, I felt a surge of regrets. I have thrown at least 10 movie tickets. Gahh.. The movie was MARVELLOUS! I would love to watch the whole trilogy again if they are showing it in the cinema, because I couldn't stand watching it at home. I would doze off any second. I've tried to begin watching The Lord of the Rings at home but couldn't and always slept anyway. Dad, Vivi and Helen watched Night at the museum 2 since both of them had watched the hobbit. After the movie, we ate at Sate Khas Senayan which has an opening discount of 15% which was alright. I was kinda full by the time it was time for dinner because I was continuously snacking inside the cinema while watching the hobbit. I felt like a glutton. 

30th December, Tuesday

I couldn't believe I woke up really late today. I woke up at 10:30, the latest since my one month holiday in Jakarta. Time sure flies huh. It's been a freaking month already! And it's almost new year!!! Anyway, today mom and the three of us, went to Grand Indonesia to do more shopping. We hauled some clothes which was great. I finally know what to wear on Chinese New Year. We ate at Sushi Tei which was treated by mom's cousin. It was pricey but the salmon soup was amazing. It tasted very nutritional. We came back home around 7:30 at night. There was huge traffic. Had a late night korean snack which was given by my aunt from Korea. It was so good.

31st December, Wednesday

It's the last day of December, y'all. It's New Year's Eve. Went to church for a prayer meet. It has been a wonderful year and an unforgettable one indeed. I am planning to make a new year resolution here on this chunk of post. I am planning to keep a planner or a small journal that I will use to write down everyday's thoughts and plans and even I will record a journal daily like Greg Heffley (Ref: Diary of a Wimpy Kid). I guess I'll try to exercise. I hope this comes true though. We opened up a bottle of Israeli's finest wine as we welcome the New Year of 2015! And also Vivi's 17th bday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top