Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The 9 days of December (Journal time)

1st of December, Monday
Woke up late despite the fact that I should be having that jetlag. Ate bakmi chen-chen. Kinda miss it when I was in Aussie but then again when I looked at it, the portion felt so small and the taste was different. I went grocery shopping too.

2nd of December, Tuesday
Helped my mom out with teaching the kids as they are facing their finals. Time goes by so fast though. I like it :) 

3rd of December, Wednesday
Ate bakmi bule! Had a major stomachache at 1am in the morning. 

4th of December, Thursday 
Results are out. It is supposed to be out tomorrow but then when I checked my email it was there! ! I did somewhat okay but worse than last semester. however, I am so glad that I don't have to repeat the whole course and waste thousands of amount of money ! Thank God! I might have to work harder next year :) 

5th of December, Friday
Today mom and I went to Pasar Baru to register for the hair-training school at Johnny Andrean. I applied for the Basic Cutting session. I have to show up 24 times but then again there is an alternative of cramming the sessions into 12 times only in which each session I should spend about 7 hours. This is because per session is for 5 hours each. I had to buy the tools like mannequin's hair and hairdryer. Not to forget, scissors, combs, hair brushes, water spray, shampoo and conditioner. My first class starts on Monday. 

6th of December, Saturday
There was a seminar held by John Calvin Reform church by Pastor Stephen Tong. He talked about the Holy Trinity. Anyway let me just tell you about it. 

My sisters and I woke up late. So the seminar thing started at 9 while we only started moving at 9. Mom drove us and when we reached Kemayoran she took a wrong turn so we basically was going around in the wrong direction. We reached the place at a quarter to 10. We hurriedly made our way to the seminar room as fast as we could. Up till we reached a guy who told us that we needed tickets to get in. I told him that we had no tickets because we were not planning to eat as we thought that tickets were bought to those who buy lunch. Anyway we were persistent that we could get in without the tickets when he said that we couldn't. We scurried to the ticketing area and there we met our cousin, piuku piling. She asked us why we were late. 

In the end we bought 3 tickets at university students price (25k Rp). 

When we went in we were in the middle of the opening sermon. The whole seminar talked about The Holy Trinity: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It was a very brain-exhausting sermon as we had to think fast. In a nutshell, The Holy Trinity are three separate entities that exist in eternity (before and after God created the world). 

7th of December, Sunday
Woke up early today and switched on the tv in hopes of Chibi Maruko-chan to show up as it usually does on every Sunday morning telly shows. But NO! It wasnt!! There was an indonesian-dubbed-Phineas and Ferb in return! ARGH! 

Went to church early in the morning at 7. Talked about the the genealogy of Jesus. It was great that I was again reminded that Jesus was from the line of Abraham and David of which God's promises to both men were fulfilled on Jesus. Both the uncountable nation and eternal kingdom promises are fulfilled in Jesus. 

8th of December, Monday
My first day! I was a little bit lazy in having to go to the salon by myself. I wish that someone could pick me up with a car and drive me there. This is just my wishful thinking. On the other hand, there is someone who picks me up, it's the bajaj driver. I have to find one first though. Then I have to bargain as well. 

My second encounter with the salon people was kind of awkward. I introduced myself as the new student and everyone especially the receptionist found me this whole new alien who came out of nowhere. But luckily, someone recognised me from the 2 days ago so yeah she told me to sit down and wash my mannequin's hair. 

I made 3 new friends while being taught on how to wash the mannequin's hair but I only remember one of them of whose name was similar to Mila Kunis, her name was Kuni. And what coincidence, she likes f(x), yep, that kpop girl group name. You ask how might I know this, well her first reaction in hearing my name was : "oh like Krystal from f(x) right?" (this of course she talked in bahasa indonesia). 

There are a lot of teachers/staff there. I begin my first lesson with the Parting skill. So there are about 5 different types of parting of which each has different purposes. So parting 4 and 5 are used for cutting hair. Parting 6 (Radial) and 9 are for curling. Parting 6 (non-radial) is used to form parting 9. In my case, parting 4 and 5 are the most crucial ones as I only do basic cutting. 

I studied for 8-ish hours and was sore from all those clippings. It was intense. But this is for the sake of having to come for only 12 times! 

parting front view

parting back view
this is parting #9, for curling hair

9th of December, Tuesday
Accompanied mom to go to Kemayoran to have a sneak peak at the new apartment called The Mansion while afterwards picked up Helen from school. Vivi came along too. Universal School is quite different to the extent where there is a cute little football court replacing the used-to-be playground. There are even bleachers too! How quaint. I didn't come inside though. 

Grabbed a quickie lunch the off to Johnny. 

Second day of training! I learnt how to cut straight! I did it for three times to finally got an "okay" from one of the teachers. The worst part of cutting was to blow dry the hair afterwards. It was painful and I could extend and stretch my arm that long while carrying a heavy load (Aka, the hair dryer). Here comes the soreness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top