Monday, December 2, 2013

Exploring with Ribka

Another beautiful day for an excursion to explore one of the most gorgeous city in the land down under. Today's stop would be to tackle the museums in Sydney. Ribka is my companion for today! I have a feeling this trip is going to be legend-wait-for-it-dary!

Last night we made an appointment to meet up at 9 in the morning. However, both of us overhit that snooze button on the alarm clock resulting in us just waking up at 9. Completely surprised by the fact that I overslept, I quickly texted Ribka the minute I woke up and just jumped into the shower as fast as I could.

As you see today is the second day of the month but my mobile data plan has not been refreshed yet. I tried contacting my mobile operator Vaya through Facebook and email. Fortunately they replied me before I went out or else I could not contact anyone.

Anyway, let's get back to the main story here, I think if I am not mistaken, we caught the bus at around 10:30ish.

First stop was the State Library. I have always been curious about where the state library was. Since Angel kept on mentioning about it. She always studies there with her friends. I would never knew that the state library is equivalent to the public library of NSW. So after all this time, I have seen it before. Inside, there is a cafe and books (duh). Ribka and I were scanning through the books on the 'sale' shelf. I was filtering books out based on the prices. Let me tell you, that was easy. You can make decisions instantly.

back view of the public library 
Second stop was the public library which is located right next to the State library. I have been here twice but have never ventured on the second floor of this building. Apparently there is a museum inside. Jackpot! 

me and RIBKA

simply stunning

In books lies the should of the whole past time.
The articulate audible voice of the past when the body and material substance of it has altogether vanished
like a dream.

Terrified bombs 

I'm still coding this one out. Still remains a blur to me

how sweet

There was a children corner.

Ribka's (left) , mine (right)
Love from Indonesia <3 


Who has watched Monsters University? Well, I did! This library remains me of a scene
in monsters uni. Such library EXISTS! 

This reminds me of a disney fairytale when the intro was a narrator foretelling the tale from a story book.
This exists too. How detailed is this. 

a choir book. 





Next location was Royal Botanic Gardens which is just across the public library. This is just balls of fun. Great locations are placed near each other in Sydney.


front view of the Public Library

snack.. nutella :) 

I thought this was supposed to be Greek Mythology statues but it doesn't. 

Captain Phillips and Neptune







Royal Palace Rose Garden

boxers

boxers
The statues situated at all over the garden are remarkably amazing! These embellishments supplement the glamorous feature of the botanical garden. Take a look at the four seasons statues below.
spring

summer
autumn

winter
That is a glasshouse. But it's closed. 


behind me was the herb garden
At sometime around noon, we were starving, we ate at Mappen. The sun was scorching hot and I ordered curry udon. Isn't it a great combination. In case you didn't know or notice, I am being sarcastic. Pardon the irrelevant sentences here, I just wanted to add more sentences to this blog. I don't know what else to write, that is why I am blabbering nonsense. For sure, if this was an essay exam, I would be penalised for writing to many redundant sentences. Oh look, I just wrote a paragraph of completely out of the box subject.

curry udon
For dessert, we stopped by Chanoma, a green tea Japanese cafe. I have always wanted to come here! And at last, I finally am able to! It is usually crowded during peak hours at noon or during dinner and don't even talk about weekends, it's going to be really crowded. Luckily, when we arrived, it was practically empty. Lots of vacant seats everywhere.

Chanoma



Matcha parfait



Then it was time for us to go back to uni. She has to show up for the recording interview for GFI. So off we went back.

Later that night, Kriska and I went to a COFA pre-screening in Paddington. Super excited! Ate Oporto for dinner along with Untoro!



The pre-screening was at Chauvel Cinema and it was a great experience. The cinema reminds me of the cinema in The Sims Urbz. I know this might sounds weird but it is the best way to describe the place to all of you. I am such a bad describer. 

There were two half sessions and in between that there was a 40 minutes break. I didn't know there were food served too. 

sorry for the blurry image. 
i kinda look long in this picture? i got stretched upwards ? 
The animations were without further explanation were amazing. People are so talented. Bravo to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top