Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Diamond Princess (Ft. Ribka)

R: A picnic out in the gardens? 
Me: That is a great offer! I'll be delighted to. 

Guess what, I am going on a picnic with Ribka! Surprise surprise. I know I am exaggerating but that is just to enlighten this phenomenal post. There I go again with the narcissistic blabbers. How about I start writing the main point from now on. How about that? mm. Kay. Let's start.

Accordingly, we met up in the same bus. Yep, bus, not bus stop. Read carefully. We directly headed to the Royal Botanical Gardens. Stopping at Martin Place and we proceeded to walk from there on. Our plan was to wander around the garden literally to sightsee every inch of the gardens.

Upon arriving at Martin Place, we saw this huge inflatable high crooked-heel balloon. It has to do with some event which I totally forgot right now (it's a late post after all, it's been a week since the actual day I went out, what do you expect from a normal human memory like mine, it's WEAK!).

PINK HIGH HEELS
a statue in front of the public library
There was a pinch of a situational circumstance (I have no idea what is that supposed to mean) in which we forgot to bring spoons and forks. As soon as we arrived, we tried to find the nearest cafe or any cafes located inside the garden in which we could sneak in and take plastic spoons or forks. At the first cafe we saw which was in front of the entrance of the garden, we saw they were using metal spoons and forks. This was a sign to continue on hunting for more cafes. There was no way the cafe owners would lend us metal spoons and forks without us buying. As a matter of fact we were about to buy chips in return for the plastic spoons and forks, but do you think they would lend us the metal utensils after us buying chips? CERTAINLY NOT! Dream on, baby girl, ain't you get that metal dining utensils in exchange for chips.

From thereon, we entered the garden and continued walking, passing the rose garden, four seasons statues, and then we came across this two-storeys glass building. I bought a gingerbread man and asked if I could have plastic spoons, the cashier told me that they do not have plastic utensils, they have wooden ones. And they were located just across the hall near another entrance.

the entrance of the gardens





every bench in the garden is dedicated to someone. How cool is that. 

rose garden
the lion looks stunned or some sort




stupid cupid stop hitting on me



here comes the choo-choo-train. it costs $5 for adults and $4 for children. 

cute gingerbread man
cute ducks





cityscape and a slight dash of nature 



lunch is served.
Ribka's risotto is absolutely delicious! Umami indeed! 



we had some fun with this cutie 


one spoonful of cloud coming right up




gawwwsh, adorable 


this tree looks like a broccoli 

fisheyescape




the grasses here are really soft

so this is basically how i got my cover background for the header





fabulous hair 


Me: This reminds me of an egg
Ribka: aww, it looks like a heart.
This could be a problem that I keep on looking at plants as food. 

gorgeous! 


you don't see these in Indonesia. 
freshwater eel.
Did you know that these eels dominate the lake by themselves? They were not there in the first place



It was burning hot. Thankfully the gush of breezy wind was refreshing us. There was some point that we basically stopped to apply more sunscreen. I was almost sure that I was getting that tan line again on my arms and my feet (due to my sandals). Obviously, we tried to hide ourselves from the sun in the shade. So we entered the botanical gardens shop. Cute vintage items were available!

precious











Taylor Swift's sister (As what Ribka said).
nah, just kidding




teeny-weeny beetle

taking a picture outside the glasshouse which was closed for renovation.
Btw, what am I doing with my hands, am I playing the piano or getting ready for a race. What is wrong. grr

We were disappointed that this glasshouse was closed for renovation Q__Q




aww, it's sleeping

a coral looking tree










attempt of making heart silhouette ! HAHA.. Ribka got only half a heart. 






what's with the face. -_- 



the opera house





amazing artwork

I'm touching the conjunctiva of the eye all right. 
We were up for the next destination which was the Observatory Hill! It was quite exhausting. The walk was incredibly cutting our calories off our bodies. We passed Circular Quay. There was another cruise ship. If you have read my previous post, I wrote about the Radiance of the Seas which was a massive cruise ship. This princess is no match in size of the gigantic beauty on my previous post. But it was a great experience to see different cruise ships whenever I went to Circular Quay.


Mango and Lime popsicle ($4) 


Liana Raine popsicles
Diamond Princess

mirror christmas ornaments. 

standing in the middle of Nurse Street



in love with the balcony
you could see my tan line on my feet already. 

Susannah Place Museum! 
Countless attempts on opening that door was pointless. It was locked from the inside. It didn't occur to us that we had to enter from the other main entrance. Whoops, that was embarrassing. When we arrived, it was time for the museum tour. When the tour leader asked the people if they were ready for the tour, Ribka and I shouted "Yes". Then, the counter girl asked us whether we were also joining the tour. I quickly answered yes again. But then, she asked whether we had booked tickets. At this moment, I was sort of confused and also felt that I was beginning to blush a little. There was no price list board in sight when we entered. I thought this was a free tour. Without further thinking again I asked: "Do we have to buy the tickets?". "Yes, would you like to buy?". Then, I quickly turned down the offer and walked out.



love the handwriting

The last sight after turning down the offer
Along the way, I felt terrible of turning it down. I began to search for the price ticket online. It was $8 per ticket. I thought it would be more expensive than that. Anyway, what's done is done. We were almost near the Observatory Hill.

resting at the foot of the observatory hill munching on our leftovers

what was I looking at again
Reaching the top of the hill was amazingly a great achievement for us. Both of us were drained out. We decided to just take few snaps and sat down and enjoyed the view. Ribka took a snooze too. While I on the other hand, sat under a tree to cool myself down.

the harbour bridge








the anzac bridge


lying down on the ever so-soft grass

sleeping



last photo on the observatory hill. 
Going back was quicker than we thought it would be. We passed by Museum of Contemporary Art. And headed to the bus stops in Circular Quay again.

mason jars <3 

more mason jars <3

awkward pose in front of a christmas tree. 



It was almost half past 4 that we decided to go home and just rest. No regrets of going on sightseeing Sydney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top