Sunday, May 19, 2013

Taronga Zoo

Another Late POST!

The exciting day of going to Taronga Zoo has finally arrived! Can't wait to meet all the cute animals out there in the zoo! Man, I feel like a child once more! This super good feeling should be cherished till the end of time!

Agreed on meeting with the others in the city outside Queen Victoria Building. Apparently, Cim and I were the first ones to arrive. We took a stroll in this authentic building. It's a mall. There are series of branded shops lining up on both sides of the corridor. Hmm.. How I wish I could remember all the branded names so that I could list them all right here and made you all readers feel depressed of not knowing as much brands available in the world available in this old building. But here I am, not as much as a branded wiz you all might think I might be because I was really big headed just a second ago.

So there we were, strolling around the mall, wandering around the mall in the intention of finding a toilet on the ground floor. But in fact there is no toilet on the ground floor that's why we have to climbed up the rusty old victorian stairs to the first floor in search for a place to sooth ourselves.


Eventually, Cim got a call from Ci Grid saying that she was inside QVB. We didn't see her though. She was in a chocolate shop.

There was a street musician promoting his album. I forgot his name but I love his first song. It was really melodious and such an easy-listening song. Moreover, it is such a great song to listen to in the morning!


the back of the statue of Queen Victoria
Ci Grid was with Ko Sui and Untoro.

..


We were still waiting for Raymond and Ko Arnold to come! We took a nibble of these glorious milk chocolate biscuits. Ci Grid also shared her newly bought chocolates from Haigh's.



here we go! 

wooh a Tal building

saw a tea room! 

arrived at last! 





The entrance ticket of Taronga Zoo is $31.50 for student and I forgot how much it is for the adult tickets. Just trying to inform you all that, there are a lot of photos in this photo and minor text involved. So please, do read on or just scroll down the pictures for loads of fun!


this little guy has a long blue tongue but my camera is too slow to capture him when he was holding out his tongue

komodo dragon
giraffe! 

they look so majestic aye. 


super tall baby giraffe and raymond

the chimpanzees' abode. 






mountain goats! 



meercat
meercat




Victoria Crowned Pigeon. this little guy has red eyes


peacock
So, firstly, we went to watch the Bird Show! It was ultimately gorgeous! I love how all the birds are really well trained and they were so synchronised entering to the stage and all. Two thumbs up from me! I especially love the falcon part most! This little bird is too fast.

I wish I had taken snapshots on a faster camera to compensate the birds' speed rate. But nonetheless, it was a great show, I totally enjoyed myself. Most importantly, for all of you who are curious about this beautiful show should check out Sydney's Taronga Zoo!



ko freddie

untoro


After the show we went on to eat some grub. But we made some quickie stops to look at the animals we passed!

ooh is that Indonesia I see on the globe

they're sleeping :( 




Saw ci Tika's name here. 


it's amazing that I am taller than this sun bear. 



Taronga's beef burger. 

chicken with gravy. 






There was a hilarious incident, *clears throat* well to be in fact a misfortunate incident for Untoro. So, in order to cherish this memory, I'm going to blog about it!

Anyway, Raymond can't squeeze out the tomato sauce for his burger. Ko Sui tried to help him squeezing it. And out of nowhere, the sauce squirted out from an unknown hole of the tomato sauce plastic cup/packet (Idk what's that called but it's different from Indonesia's tomato/chilli sauce packaging). So the sauce squirted and landed on Untoro! HAHAHAA.. Sorry Unto (if you're reading, I have a terrible habit of laughing at people's misery, it's uncontrollable). He immediately cleaned his hoodie with wetted tissues. The hoodie is alright now (it's been a week since we went to Taronga zoo, it's a super late post, I know, I only edited the date to be the same as the real date of us going there, too many redundant words used, but who cares, let's just prioritise the flow of the text).

Then, we proceeded and watched the elephants! Love them so much. They are beautiful creatures indeed.


they were licking each other

there's actually a bird hanging on the branch somewhere here. 


plastic leopard

bambi eating carrots







couldn't see the otters that well here

up we go to see the seal show! 



this is a pelican (perhaps?)

splendid view

seal! 


Just before the seal show starts, I talked to Santa on the phone. I was being really loud. The people beside me were looking at me in an angry manner. Felt bad though.





that cap scares me. it looks like it has eyes and a mouth


love this post



Went on to see gorillas!



a balance





don't forget to drink enough water to avoid dehydration! 


use an eye dropper if you're wearing contact lenses, just like cim. to avoid the eyes being dried


aaa.. the kangaroo was sleeping! 


koala is sleeping


quakko is sleeping!!
Most of the animals that day were sleeping! This was an utter disappointment! Less engagement of humans to animals!

ostrich

joey

forgot what this bird is called

duck lips! 
I just realised that my outfit day was a bit rastafarian to some extent. With all the color blocks there and the knitted cap. Ci icing told me I look like bang surip, an Indonesian singer who sang reggae songs.

evolution

ducks are sleeping 

black swan

spot you again peacock! <3 

silly face

ko jeffry photobombing
Went onto the cable car for a skyview safari.






spotted an elephant dung right there. 
It was such a fast trip on the sky safari. Then we went to the gift shop.

ko ong with an orang-utan





aaaa my double chin




love this toy

group photo! 





i was not ready man. 


this giraffe was licking the wall constantly.
maybe it was licking-the-wall activity during sunset. I don't know. 




too close! 

these look like tea leaves! I even changed my facebook cover photo to this photo. simply drop-dead gorgeous. 

ko sui with a chimp 

another group photo



red eye tree frogs! 




mini frogs! 























There were a lot of blurry photos in the night safari. 

Then went on to see the alligator but only saw this statue.



All good times should come to an end, and so must this day be. We all were dreadfully tired and went home. Took a bus home and I even slept at the bus which was so rare for me. 

got this from ci frida! thank you once more! 

saw a flash mob on the street! super cool

epic fail attempt of a selfie. Lol. couldn't even capture a full face. 
It was a FUN DAY! That, my friends, is what explained the whole day. No conclusion this time! JUST FUN FUN FUN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top