Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Not-So-Great Flood

I woke up today after hearing Helen screaming "Banjir" (Flood) out loud! And that was around 8:30-ish I guess. I knew that it was raining heavily continuously but I would have never imagined that there was flood everywhere.

The kitchen was filled with water. We cooked in a stove used to make shabu-shabu. And for breakfast I ate Vivi's lunch for school. Apparently both of my sisters skipped school due to the flood. Cim is still in my aunt's house.

Since I woke up really late, I didn't help in saving the furniture from being soaked in water. But, I did help sweeping the water with a special kind of broom I guess. Idk what it's called in English but it's called as serokan in Indonesian.

my front yard

just look at this. like a pond.

my neighborhood

my living room

in chaos
Thankfully, my graduation is over, and on top of that, our electricity is still running! Or else we would be awfully bored. I'm still waiting for the water surrounding our house to evaporate in order for me to tidy up things again.

 my backyard. looks just like the Yellow River. due to its dirtiness
 I spent the day drawing and coloring to wait for the rain to stop. However, the rain hasn't stopped yet. It's still trickling right now. On the bright side, the flood level has decreased now.

so stiff
I am pretty disappointed of my touch times having to clean the rooms last time as now all are in a terrible shape right now. It's a calamity actually. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top