Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Emak's Birthday (21.01.2012)

 On the 21st of January, my family and I went to celebrate my grandma's birthday in Green Garden. She celebrated it in her church. Well, my sisters and I prepared a poem for her. I browsed the poem actually. But, I made the Chinese poem myself because it was really hard browsing for a chinese poem. The Chinese Poems I found on the net were all old poems. I mean really really old. ANCIENT! However, despite my originality and my lack of mandarin skill the poem turned out pretty decent. Before showing it, I showed it to my mandarin teacher first. WHOAH. She said it was OKAY. yay me.. LOL

Credits to the internet for the english poem.. Pure copy paste was done during the whole process. The Indonesian one was also copy and pasted but my cousin changed it. --" ..What is the whole point then for me being in charge for all the poems to be presented in front of our grandmother.

All three poems were read by Daniel (my cousin, he read the indonesian one), Helen (my sister, she read the chinese one) and Michelle (also my sister, she read the english one) while I accompanied her with the piano. I was also in charge of accompanying the presentation with an instrumental of the Bunda song. But, my cousin chose another girl to play for it. This sucks. Luckily, I didnt prepare all my might for the song, or else I would be so pissed.

First of all, we sang songs, praising our Lord, Jesus Christ. Then it was time for the presentation. hmm.. honestly, the presentation was a bit incomplete. ckck,, less photos and all. anyway, the output was not bad. it was a bit amusing. but still, sth was missing.

Anyway, Joanne (my cousin) also sang for my grandmother. I forgot the song she sang.


 After the song, Helen came in front with the poem ..

Then Michelle with her poem .

 I was at the back playing the clavinova. The poem was too short for the song, and so when my sister had almost finished with the poem, I quickly slowed down my playing and ended it.

After the grandkids present some things for her, there was the sermon from the priest, Esther. 

Then after the semon, my grandmother started to tell us about her experience and all her struggles. 

 After her speech, all her children and son/daughter in laws gathered up in front to celebrate her birthday. We all sang the happy birthday song of course.

Time to blow out the candles.

Cut the cake

And amost time to pray for dinner.

then, time to eat! hmm...
there was this tomato stew.. urgh.. dont get me started, it was horrible.. 
i thought it was good but.. nu uh, not at all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top