Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 2 of January

11th of January, Sunday
Went to church in the morning and played the piano for the youngsters again. Then followed the next church session which began at 9:30. It was kinda packed with people. Later that afternoon we grabbed lunch at Bubur Mangga Besar 1, for some nasi hainam (chicken rice). So good. It costs Rp.40k but hey you got a mountain of chicken rice, with a bowl of 2 fish balls, and a plate filled with beancurd, slices of chicken and duck, prawns and eggs.  Btw, I got more work to be done for the couple of weeks from now that is to translate 3 copies of books that will be used for the children church program that will be held in midyear. It's about Paul's journey. It is kind of challenging for me to translate from English to Indonesian. Vivi and Helen also found this difficulty as troublesome too because we had to browse on google translation for some simple words like what is "introduce" in Indonesian. To be frank, our Indonesians are not very good. But we tried our best though. 
12th of January, Monday
It rained heavily today and I cancelled my hair lesson today. Watched Fight Club! Due to this movie and Gone Girl, I am interested to watch more thrillers! :) 

13th of January, Tuesday
I had to go to the salon today. It's my second time cutting a real person's hair. She kinda looks like my math teacher back when I was in primary school. But that would be impossible because my teacher is in Singapore now. Dad brought home some tubs of ice cream from HaagenDazs! Kyaa! 

14th of January, Wednesday
went with GFI people who are in Jakarta at the moment [link]

15th of January, Thursday
I had trouble sleeping the other night and was up till 2 browsing for Fight Club and doing questions on IQ. However, I had to wake up at 7 in the morning as Vivi and I were going to Kelapa Gading after mom dropped off Helen to school. We had to go to Biomedilab to print up Vivi's documents as the printer at home ran out of ink. I was too hungry to even function well. By the time we reached home, I lost the urge to go to Pasar Baru. I should have gone there and buy the hair clipper but I got lazy. Mom said it's okay for me not to go but I had to listen to Dr. Stephen Tong's sermons about QuoVadis. I did what I was told. Meanwhile while listening to it I continued translating the books. We finished 2 books at least and still have one left! Look how we go! 

ps: The three of us started working out to following dance moves from Youtube. It's super tiring. First day of workout kinda draws the line that I am such an unfit person and tire easily. 

16th of January, Friday
Got lazy to attend hair lesson and watched a movie instead. I watched American Psycho which was a great psychotic thriller movie. I have been in love with thrillers these days. I just love how the cunning mind of a psychotic works in order to escape from the situation they get themselves into. They are brilliant despite the devious and sadistic actions they did to their preys. 

Anyway, today I also watched Legally Blonde on youtube. #guilty. But the songs are so nice and I must say I prefer the musical to the movie. Favorite songs of the day: Chip on my shoulder and So much better. 

ps: Working out Day 2! Shorter than determined but my stomach hurt really bad. I hope it's just because of soreness of muscles. 

17th of January, Saturday
went to the museum with Ci Lisda [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top