Saturday, January 10, 2015

The 10 days of January

1st of January, Thursday
Hello 2015! Goodbye 2014! Also, Happy birthday Vivi. Finally you're 17!! So we got church this morning and we celebrated New Year with the whole congregation of GKY in Jakarta. It was a full house we even had to sit in the second floor. It was packed. The sermon was about  being the light to the world taken from the passage from the gospel Matthew 5:14-16. We also have to show good work and worship our Father in Heaven. The governor of Indonesia, Bpk Basuki Tjahaja Purnama aka Ahok, also attended our church today. It was very encouraging when he shared that he read the bible diligently everyday for a very busy guy like him. He shared that he was trying to make a new movement to make a better Jakarta/Indonesia of making it cleaner, appropriate for the homeless and all sorts. After church, we went to the museum of GRII in Kemayoran along with Laushi DongLan. A student price ticket costs Rp.50k and an adult ticket costs Rp.100k. We haven't eaten lunch yet but our excitement overrides the hunger. The museum is called Sophillia. It was quite extraordinary. There were a lot of paintings from famous artists such as Leonardo DaVinci, Michael Angelo, Rembrandt, DelaCroix, VanGogh, Picasso, and more. No photos were allowed to be taken inside the gallery. The good thing about the museum was that there is the tour leader and she describes each painting very well giving us a broader view about the story inside the painting itself. After the museum session we went back home. And we ordered bakmi GM and Dominos for our super late lunch + early dinner. Received cake from Ie Susan, and again it is always a pleasure to my tastebuds. 

2nd of January, Friday
Went to Senayan today! Shopping at Senayan City and Plaza Senayan. It was great. The mall was quite small but it was nice to visit a mall that I last visited 2 years ago. The last time I went there was with my friends from Uniprep. I almost got a pair of comfy shoes today but I was a bit disappointed with the model so I decided to search for another that suits me more. Couldn't believe there are continuations to Wicked. I am lazy to buy them. I think I'll just read the wiki about it. Ate Mie Laiker today which was satisfying! 


3rd of January, Saturday
Went out with Dad and Vivi today to Plaza Indonesia. We finally bought the T-shirts we wanted from a comic shop. It was a pay2get5 promo and it was worth-it! Vivi bought lots of shirts. We then ate at Zenbu again. I felt super bloated after devouring the 3 large portions for the three of us. We had to pack the remainder home because there were so many leftovers. Then we bought bread from Tous Le Jouis. It was such a cute bread shop. It smells wonderful there. Afterwards, we went to my cousin's house and spent 2 hours there. Good thing, Vivi was there with me, so the two of us had each other to keep each other's companies. 



4th of January, Sunday
It rained in the morning and the atmosphere was nice and chilly and dark. My alarm clock went off but I was confused why mom had not woken up yet which was a bit peculiar since she is an early riser. I had to wake up because I had to play the piano for the sunday school kids. I was worried that we would be late but luckily we didn't and I arrived at church at a nick of the time. After playing the piano, I ran to the church service but apparently I was late as the sermon had already started. I had to sit down outside and I decided to just join the next service which is at 9:30. I talked to some sweet old people. They were very friendly. I also found a friend at the toilet. Her name is Yuri, she's a very chatty woman and she's around late 30s or early 40s. I sat with her during service. It was a nice feeling to have a friend. Church was about the 3Ws: Worship, Word and Witness. We, as Christians, have to worship our Lord as a respond to His love for us. We also need the Word and grow with it. The Word about the gospel is very important as it saves us all from death. Lastly, we ought not to stay quiet but be a witness to all people about God's sovereign and great love for us that he sent his only son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for us and it is only by Jesus that we can be saved. 

After church, I was super hungry and Vivi, Helen and I went out for dimsum. Dad had already gone home while Mom was still at church having a sunday school teachers monthly meeting. We ate at SunCity, it was crowded. We had to wait for 30 minutes to get a table. The food was amazing, my craving for dimsum was now fulfilled. It was pricey though but still cheaper compared to Sydney. We should have gone there during weekdays as there is a 50% discount while weekends is only 30%.

5th of January, Monday
I woke up at 8 with a stomachache. I think this might be because of the chilli I ate yesterday with the siomay. Then I watched some youtube videos of Mickey Mouse shorts. It's very cute, I really adore the animation. I had the motivation to go to my hair lesson today. But I thought I would just go after lunch. My cousins came over as she was 17 and had to create her Indonesian Identity Card like Vivi. Ate lunch with them and talked for a while. Mom and Vivi had to go and deal with this errand while I had to wait for Mom's class while she's away. So I did, when I reached home it was about 2ish and I still procrastinated and waited that I would just go at around 2:30. But in the end I played the piano and decided that it was too late for me to go anyway. You know what, I had been struggling with this thing this summer. It has always been a battle for me to go for my lesson and most of the time, my procrastination overrides my motivation of  finishing the lesson. 

6th of January, Tuesday

7th of January, Wednesday
I went to the haircut lesson again today but I only took 1 lesson since I was planning to go to a JIC reunion. However when I reached home, I felt so unwell, I kept on sneezing, my eyes were puffy and my nose was blocked. I had to drink honey with lemon which was super soothing. I decided not to join the JIC group despite the fact that it was me who chose the meeting location, how irresponsible I am. I felt super bad. 
Anyway look what I found on the Bajaj today with a major flaw of spelling mistakes. Adelle should be proud out of the attempt though. 


8th of January, Thursday
Being diligent today and went to the hair salon early in the morning and finished at around 5:30. 

9th of January, Friday
Reunion with JIC peeps: Stella, Filbert and William since I couldn't make it two days ago. First plan was to go to Sun City for a dimsum which is 50% of every weekdays before 3pm. But we changed spots since we kinda past that dimsum happy hour and we changed to Henis instead. Such a great time to catch up with the USA peeps since we haven't seen each other for 2 years. What a time. 

oh my half-opened eyes. -_- 
Then later that night, watched Gone Girl with Vivi. I love it, and Rosamund Pike has definitely grabbed my attention and she has charted to my favorite thriller actress list. 

10th of January, Saturday
It is super hot today. I don't even bother to look at the temperature but I am guessing it is somewhere above 30 or maybe nearing to 40. My motivation of going to the hair salon is gone in an instant when I was having my honey milk breakfast. Rain started to fall too. Gone, no haircut lesson today, that's it. The three of us played heads up which was fun and a traditional pictionary game. Despite sweat trickling down our faces, we still had so much fun and laughing out loud. What a good time. Then we went to the supermarket and bought lots of fruits. Oh, btw, I finally had my first 1-dollar sandwich ice cream at Lokasari, ordered the match flavor and should I say, I am not satisfied. The taste was distasteful. I spent the rest of the time practicing piano for tomorrow Sunday School and blogging this lenghty post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top