Monday, June 2, 2014

First time at Ritz Cinema

After a long stressful weekend with my microbiology and biochemistry reports being, I rewarded myself to a movie day and night out today. It is super cheap on Monday and I just recently found out about this. The ticket price costs 5$ on Mondays only for UNSW students only. I should have known this earlier then I could watch Spiderman and Captain America. By the way, I am going to state a synopsis so SPOILER ALERT people!

Anyway, I finally got a grip to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel, a Wes Anderson's film. I have been interested in this movie since the day Vivi told me to watch the trailer. The trailer is in fact super indie and awesomely mind-blowing.

By the by, this was my first time ever watching a movie at Ritz Cinema in Randwick. The place was vintage and reminds me of movie theaters shown on television. I love the place. It took me by surprise though of how empty the theater is at noon. Probably everyone is at work or at uni. You know what, I should watch more movies here in the future!


The Grand Budapest Hotel depicts a story of an adventure of the famous concierge befriending his companion, the Lobby Boy. Accusations, sadistic death, breathtaking settings, comical scenes are a few things I could think of to describe this movie. This indie movie will definitely take you on an enchanting disturbing adventure which may cause your heart beats fluctuate. 

There were basically a total of 7 watchers in the cinema watching this movie. Well this movie has been released since April 10.. So yeah, I was pretty late in watching it. Most of the watchers were old people though which made me to think and feel proud of myself since I could watch something that young adults would pick last in their movie list. 

Afterwards, went to grab lunch! At Noodle Inn. 

yaki soba

pad see euw

 ci lily with her new pouch

<3 I would love to rewatch this movie again but I cannot guarantee myself in getting the same awe response watching it the second time
Ci Lily and I had our meet up session again today. We continued reading what we left off last week. 

At 6:30PM, I watched X-men Days of Future Past. This is yet another film that I have been waiting for ages. Obviously I have been waiting eagerly since the first part of the X-men evolution. I just love Marvel movies. I don't read the comics and watch the cartoons though. But I watch the movies although I missed Spiderman and Captain America and Thor and Ironman... Whoah, these are almost all marvel movies being released recently.. I guess all I have to say is that I cannot miss X-men? 


The main highlight of the whole movie is the Quicksilver scene. I know everyone would love the scene and usually when everyone love a scene I would feel mainstream and decided to not like it. However, for this particular scene, I must say, I like it despite majority people liking it. So, I guess, let me just flow in the mainstream current; taking a turn from my hipster pathway to a whole mainstream mellow lane. 

ps: I have been listening to The Grand Budapest Hotel ost and it sounds a bit daunting for some reasons. 

Gottago.. I am going to hit the hay to have a headstart  tomorrow. After all, it is my last histology lab. And I simply cannot wait for my second trip to Vivid this year! So stay tune for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top