Friday, October 4, 2013

The Grounds of Alexandria

As I have mentioned before on my previous post, I took a trip to a candy shop, nah, just kidding, I took a trip to The Grounds in Alexandria. After lots of plans with a couple of friends, this moment has finally come! I am finally going, oh wait, let me rephrase that, I have finally GONE to The Grounds! It's not a future tense anymore but a present perfect tense because this goal has been achieved recently. Sorry for the diversion.

Another misconception happened that day. I took the wrong bus and was separated with Ci Fen2. Earl and Raymond were in no sight. They were still in no sight even when I got into the bus. But, at around a transit somewhere near Kensington, I got down from the bus and met Ci Fen2. Her bus was behind my bus. How coincidental. It was another wait for us at the bus stop. There was a direct bus from UNSW using 348 bus. I should use that next time. But now I know another way though.

I was all the way looking at my GPS, detecting my location and whether my dot point on the map was moving or not. And we arrived at the stop in which I forgot now and walked about a 15-20 minutes trip to the destination. It was another chilly morning. I should have worn something thicker.





egg truffle! I LOVE THIS ONE BEST! 





ci fen2's hot chocolate

dessert stand

bought one of these coconut fritters. 


and a peach tart, i was expecting a soft peach but it turned out it was crunchy. the texture was similar to an apple





the famous Kevin Bacon

a sheep of which name I know not of. 

...with Kristel missing

the children playground cabin


After having a delightful breakfast at the Grounds, all of us dispersed and some of us went to the city.

This was the first time that I strolled around George Street where all branded coutures are located. There were four of us, Ci Copin, Jason (her brother), Ci Fen2 and me. I was just tagging along having nothing to do disregarding the report/presentation I have.

That was definitely a typical stroll of having being shocked at almost every item you picked on. The price was just unbearable despite all the sales.

Afterwards, Ci Fen2 and I bid our goodbyes to the Syariefs and headed on to Hyde Park to take a look at the Art and About event going on there.





there were lots of this gigantic molluscs everywhere around the city

the fountain that I took some while ago during first semester when I went here for the first time with the Suis, but then I failed taking a photo of it because it was too dark. 

ci fen2



I love this picture. 


not to mention this one too

kinda look like Jakarta's CBD with the red pathway for the busways. 

cute motorbikes. Ive never seen Sydney with these number of bikes before. The scent of the bikes remind me of Jakarta

the free program

me and ci fen2

the field! Glass illusion 
It was about mid noon that we decided to go back home. Along the way, the bus that we were riding on was stopped all of a sudden. Then a police came and started to check our bus tickets. It was an impromptu inspection. I have heard about this from everyone I know in Sydney. These rangers would check each passenger's tickets and they would check whether you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident if you are using a concession bus ticket. And also if you are using either mybus1 or mybus2. It was tremendously a relieving thing for me to stamp my mybus1 twice (making it work like mybus2) as I was running out of mybus2. The two passengers sitting behind me were caught of using concession tickets despite being an international student. They were asked to get off the bus and the bus left without them. They were probably going to be fined afterwards.

When I reached home, I decided to continue my report, but then I got sleepy and decided to take a quick nap. Suddenly I was woken up by Haubert buzzing on my phone as he had arrived already with the pizzas. We were having home study at my place! Yep a BASOGILA home study at Uniterrace. Dinner was pizza!


Cim, Ci Copin and Jason also joined us that night
We discussed about the 3rd chapter of Genesis that night about the Fall and dug a little deeper about why on earth would the snake tempt the woman first rather than man. There is no definite answer to that but we assume that this is why woman is one of the weaknesses of man. Moreover we also discussed if it is based on human's nature attitude that lead to the fall. It's not about the restrictions but the attitude. 

Pretty excited for next week's bible study! I'm loving Genesis! So many things yet waiting to be uncovered. 

To end the night, we played a game called Dixit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top