Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ko Ong's Birthday

Today was probably the most hyper day for me, because I just got a phone call from UNSW campaign. I had been waiting for this call since the day I signed up for the fundraising campaign. I missed the call at first. I attempted to call afterwards but no one picked up. But it was a good thing I tried again, and I was answered and the interview started. It lasted about 5 minutes and it was a bit different to what Kevin and Alvin got. They got a roleplaying task, but me on the other hand was not asked that. I was pretty worried about this. She said that she would notify me on Monday or Tuesday about the proceeding requirements.

Anyway, after class, we all headed to my place to bake a cake!! A chocolate and peanut butter filling cake. Ribka controlled the kitchen stuffs and everything was run really smoothly. The kitchen was left spic and span thanks to everyone too.


We were late in coming to the common hour before bible study which was pretty awkward because there were 6 of us, and we came into the room at the same time.

During bible study, we discussed the good news that have been fulfilled by Jesus. Humans as sinners being the descendant Adam's sinful reigns would still be living in a world leading to death and condemnation if it was not God's grace that saved us all. God being merciful send his Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us. Jesus, as the perfect Adam is the only way for us to reach God and attain eternal life in the day to come. So, why not embrace the good news and spread it to our loved ones during this blessed period of time in which God has given us. 

It was a rainy night. Our plan on going to somewhere far was substituted to somewhere nearer. We decided to just stop by in Maxbrenner and surprise Ko Ong there. After we have finished bible study, we all went down but some of us suddenly disappeared. I tried to keep steering people that were on my side to grab seats at maxb while Sapi and Ribka took the cake in the fridge on the floor above us. It actually worked but it confused me where they all dispersed.

 Another weird thing happened. We were not sure whether we could bring in food to the restaurant. So I asked the waitress if we could bring in and lit up candles inside the restaurant. She was a bit confused why I suddenly asked this. Seeing her perplexed face made me paranoid whether we could not bring in the cake. After the awkward silence she said yes which made rush outside to light up the cake and bring it in. Moreover, I was searching for Ko Ong. Apparently he was not in his seat, he was looking at us straight from the queueing line which shocked me. LOL.

Ko Ong was nice enough to pretend as surprise as he could. Blew out the candle. We asked for knife and spoons and plates too in which the kind waiters were willing to hand them to us. I felt pretty bad of not ordering anything there and even brought my own cake to eat here.






cutting the cake 

LOL! 


That was it ,,, Happy belated birthday again to Ko Ong (KFC group leader) ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top