Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A compass when you are lost (Ft. Santa and Bunga)

An outing with Bunga and Santa and we were taking city and circular quay down. Our plan that day was to visit the Museum of Contemporary Art and have pie at the famous cafe called The Pie Tin in Newtown. 

If you are a faithful reader to this delightful piece of dessert blog (referring to my website name, pudding, if you still are not aware of the description of 'dessert'), I have visited MCA several times. What do you expect from a museum maniac like me. In fact I think, I have been to every free museums I could find here. I am still re-considering museums that require an entrance fee. If I am earning my own money, I would definitely visit every one of them. 

Today was such an extraordinary day out for all of us. We began to experience some wacky embarrassing moments as soon as we stepped out of the bus and even on our way back home. I bet this post might entertain you to some extent. Do read every word of this post! HOHO. I have spent every minute writing this with blood, sweat and tears. 

Okay let's get started.. 

Before going down at the last stop, we passed the Museum of Sydney which was just two stops away form Circular Quay. I asked my compadres if they would want to visit the museum. They asked me if it was free, I said yes because I have visited this place first and had wandered across the floors last year! Click this link --> my museum trip last year. Do not be surprise that I was wearing the same top on that post. It is absolutely a coincidence. 

When we entered the museum, I made eye contact with the receptionist and as a sign of respect I came closer to the receptionist and told her that we were just looking around. She then said that we would need a ticket for that which costs about 10$. I told her that it was free the last time I visited it. Then she replied the most jaw-dropping answer of all time that made the three of us blushed in embarrassment, "We are never free unless you sneaked in". Okay, this answer totally blew me away because it was just weird that I could get in last year along with Ci Fen-fen and Kriska without anyone prohibiting us in. Also, another stupid thing which did not come across my mind at that very moment was to pay back the 10 bucks I owed. However, I just said thanks and bye. Another throw-me-into-a-black-hole moment indeed. 

Off we went directly to the Museum of Contemporary Art. On the sidewalk, I saw a purse lying on the ground with people just walking pass by it. The three of us instantly stopped and made a circle around it, barricading it, picked it up and checked whether there is a number we could reach to. It took us a while to actually find the phone number. I immediately called her and she answered. She actually was aware that she had dropped her purse and was on her way back to the place where she dropped it. We decided to wait for her. During the wait, you will never believe who I saw that instant, I saw Jeff! Fortunately, he did not recognise me, and like our first encounter, he offered help. I don't know if I should be creeped out or thankful. Hmm. 

Then we entered MCA! I forgot to mention that there was a really long line of people waiting for the Game of Thrones exhibition. It was a 5-days exhibition and it was free, hence the freaking long line. It was an average of six hour wait to reach the end of the line. People can become so keen with the GOT madness. I actually salute their endurance. Keep it up y'all. 


you might have seen this chandelier photo tons of times in this blog














the long line I was talking about and that was just a shot of the two-to-four-hour point queue

miranda kerr! 

One rule in MCA especially with people using backpacks is to put their bags in front rather than wearing it on their backs to avoid toppling over some art objects. I tried to be rebellious in just wearing it on my back but I get warned a couple of times. At least I would get 3-4 warnings at every visit to MCA. 






the laughing for one-hour video

We also found a camera along with the tripod covered in algae, kelp and other sea organisms. And no, this is not a city art, I am guessing someone has dropped his/her camera and do not even bother to go for a dive to pick it up and abandoned it there. Another guess I am betting on is that this camera might have been picked up by somebody (a staff maybe) as it was still dripping wet. You don't see this kind of object lying around anytime you know. 

dripping wet

barnacles! 

now this is an art installation

went to pie tin! in Newtown




Bunga's beef brisket



my chicken carbonara






Santa's mac and cheese with pumpkin

the beef brisket



still got place for dessert

tim tam pie

this is such a good idea


After dinner and going into a secondhand bookshop, we took our bus home. To our misfortune, we took the wrong bus and we reached a place called Annandale. Yep, it sounds similar to the land of Arrandelle (I think I mispelled this) like the one on Frozen. We wish it could be that place and meet the characters of Frozen like Prince Hans or Elsa or Anna. This is just a mere wishful thinking and they don't exist, I am such a dreamer, ignore me. Sorry, for being too cast out from the actual topic. Basically, we were lost. We were so much further from the actual destination. It was such a relieve that Bunga realised that we were taking the wrong bus despite my persistence that we were in the right bus. We got off before it went to the last stop. We waited for about 20minutes for the next bus to come.


lost face

man. 
Such a stupid mistake. Nonetheless, you learn from your mistakes aye? I hope we will never face this kind of situation ever again. Shameful disaster. Really glad that we were together. I would most probably cry if I were alone and lost with a dead phone battery. Don't let this kind of scenario happen. *knocks on wood three times*

1 comment:

  1. the Pie tin building is so thin! xD
    being lost with friends at least can be considered as stupid in a funny way lolll

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top