Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Day 3- Shenzhen- Macau

First of all, it is 2014 baby! Happy new year! Let's come up with a bunch of committed new resolutions. Happy birthday to VIVI too! It was her 16th birthday. Still too young. This is the type of age you see in a lot of female heroines on shoujo comics. Yep, TEENagers, why don't comics these days create love stories about college life or a life after the happy years of middle school and high school. 

I am crossing topics again. I will try to be serious from now onwards. 

I was woken up by the glamorous pop stars Miley Cyrus and Britney again. What are the odds man. What is it with MTV that keeps on repeating the same songs every morning. As soon as I woke up, I wished vivi a happy birthday and then went back to sleep again for a few minutes up till the cim and Helen who barged in from the other room to get ready for breakfast. Today was also the day we checked out from this hotel and proceeded to our next destination which is Macau. 

there were some slight changes in the menu but overall the food served was similar to the day before
What was different at today's breakfast was that I got to use the juicer available on the table. I actually juiced a fresh juice by myself. I had never done that throughout my experiences with breakfast at hotel. This was definitely new to me and was exciting me. The manager of the lounge was present that very morning. Cim came back after juicing and telling me that the manager was insisting on helping her despite the fact that she was able to juice herself. Being polite, she let the manager to do it. There was awkward silence during the juicing process though. Another time was that when I wanted to juice some freshly cut pineapples for my dad, Cim and I went to the same juicer, and the manager was just passing by and suddenly he juiced it for us. He even fixed the juiced that was jammed by uncut fruits inside. I was observing the techniques you know on how to open the juicer. It was unforgettable. I even tried practicing the technique when I was stuck with a fruit jammed. Get it? Similar to paper jammed but that was fruit jammed. There are also fruit jams like strawberry jam, blueberry jam.. Get it? No? Okay..... never mind. 

After breakfast, I quickly scrammed upstairs as nature called. Not to mention, I also had to pack up the suitcases while I waited with Vivi, Helen and Vivi at the hotel for the others who went shopping for souvenirs. Good thing, the check out time was still at 2 in the afternoon. 

I had no idea why I was tremendously sleepy. I slept again while watching The Hobbit which was on HBO. 

At 10 minutes to 2, everyone came back home, and we made our move to the hotel lobby. We remembered that we had not taken the welcome drink the day when we arrived. So, Helen, Ivan and I went to the bar, because we were told to, to retrieve the drink. The bartender was able to speak in English which was unbelievably relieving for me. However, when she was offering what drink we wanted, we could not make out what she was talking about. In the end, I asked for "Sprite". The lady did not understand what I was saying, but as soon as Ivan said "Spirit", she immediately took sprite for us. Awkward....  
That was our Bye2 drink as Ivan called it. "Spirit" was our goodbye drink. 

Then we were off to the train station heading to Shekou Port which cost 7yuan for each train ticket. At the Shekou Ferry terminal, each ticket costed 190yuan. 

The ferry left at 4, so we basically had time again to kill. We played a few games.. 
view from the ferry window, disgusting black particles blocking the view. 
I got hungry and decided to munch on the snacks we brought. I spent the whole journey writing drafts for this blog and also dozed off for a while. 

pork buns

custard tart

finally arrived and we took the free shuttle bus from the ferry to Venetian Hotel
Macau <3
amazing lobby
the living room
2 queen size beds



cute candy cane
Later that night we wandered around the mall. I love the theme of the place. 








Not to mention there was a parade and free concert that night; a special new year event. 















ice skating rink. 




We were planning on catching the city tour shuttle bus, but the last bus was at 11 and it was not a free shuttle bus. Basically we just enjoyed the hotel, thats it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top