Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Alvin and Ci Fefe's Birthday Surprise

Yesterday, after psychology lecture, Kevin, Angel and I went straight from class to bake Alvin's bombastic birthday cake at Kevin's place. But before that, we stopped by at Coles to buy the ingredients.

Kevin is a great cook. He was incredible. I forgot what the recipe of the cake by now. This was the result of posting something so late. There were a lot of impromptu modifications with the recipe though. At first, we were just planning to smear the top of the cake with lemon. But then, there were cracks everywhere. That's why Kevin had to come up with a plan B which was making the icing.

The crust of the cake was a bit burned but overall, it looks so good. You can tell that it is absolutely made with our efforts and love.

So, I had to bring home the cake and put it in my fridge and wait till today to surprise Alvin. His birthday was yesterday.

><
So during anatomy lecture, we were all asking where Alvin was. There was no sight of him. And apparently when we read his text, he was not feeling so well and he decided to skip the morning lectures. We were dumbfounded by this thought. And, I know, it was egoistic of us to tell him to come to uni because we had prepared a surprise for him. The surprise turned out to be not a surprise. Tadaa.

It was kind of an awkward moment for us that with a huge cake like that, it was impossible for us to finish it with just the three of us. So, luckily, we saw Delvin eating alone in the canteen and brought him along. Not to mention, Kevin brought along some of his friends to enjoy the cake.

Alvin cutting the cake

medical science people. And yes, we are not all Indos. FYI.
Kevin, Angel, Me, James, JingSan, Bryan, Alvin and Delvin
DELICIOUS! 
After the celebration, we had to attend a chemistry lecture. So off we went. Afterwards, Angel and I had anatomy lab for three hours and thank God my stomach did not grumble today. phew.

Later that night, I had Focus Team. I believe I have not described Focus Team before. But then again if I ever had described it, twice is better than once. Basically, Focus Team is a course used to train all of the attendees about the ways to spread the gospel. I join the Two Ways To Live course every Tuesday night from 7 to 10.

After the course, we decided to surprise Ci Fefe! As it is her birthday that day!


ci fefe's guppy face >.<

<3
dark group photo! 
After the surprise, digging into the cake, praying, we decided to disperse.

I was late for my bedcheck curfew. But fortunately, I met my resident assistant in the common room so that I could check in. phew. Another night of relief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top