Saturday, May 30, 2015

Vivid 2k15

Another display of lights filling the beloved city of Sydney. I am so excited to witness the spectacular light installations available this year. This it the third Vivid Sydney I have been during my stay in Sydney. I love this event because it is bring and colorful and best of all it is FREE. Sorry for being such a stingy-person. But hey, what do you expect from a student who is very tight in her budgeting expenditures. I wish Jakarta has events like this but I highly doubt it. Not to sound pessimistic or anything but I highly doubt it since no one in Jakarta is responsible in taking care fragile displays like this. And the traffic is unbearable and where would you put huge installations plus the volunteers to guard them. Anyway, enough with the illogical rambles and let's start talking about THIS YEAR'S VIVID.

From the light installations I have seen, I think the theme this year might link to the the sea. Because there are so many under the sea features that were portrayed from the art sculptures. Keep reading and scrolling the visual diary I present to you in this blog post.

i should have uploaded the photo without vivi in it
Before stopping to Vivid, I stopped by at an ice cream shop I have been wanting to try this sea salt ice cream from the day I saw some friends of mine posting this famous ice cream on instagram. The blue refreshing creamy ice cream of this sea salt flavor is the most worth-it innovative invention anyone has ever invented. Okay, I know I am exaggerating but it is the BOMB. I know if you look at the picture below, it looks like an ordinary mcflurry ice cream you could get from McDonalds, but I guarantee this is NOTHING like that. I chose the sea salt and lychee flavor in the photo below. It's great. Definitely have to check it out. And they usually change flavors every 2 weeks or a month, I am not sure. I really want to try the MELON flavor if it comes out again.

Large $4.3 (i know it's pricey but hey it's THE BOMB)


the tentacles


how cool is this they even installed lights under the water















we printed quite a lot of photos hehehe taken from the professional photographers there



I guess that is about it. I was super tired after all that walking because at first Vivi and I arrived quite early and we have walked around and saw everything in Circular Quay and The Rocks. But then Ko Feri and Ka Ely came and we strolled around again. I know there are more art displayed around the city but I did not have the time to catch them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top