Saturday, October 29, 2011

22.10.11 - Nyama's Funeral

Last Saturday, Nyama was buried at Petamburan. We gathered at 8:30 in the morning. The priest gave a cheer sermon till 9 . Then left the rumah duka at 9 past 10. My grandma;s dead body was carried using Alphard. <shocked to see this>.. There were policemen leading the way to avoid heavy traffic. And it was the most traffic-free situation i have experienced since my 16 years of living in Jakarta. I felt really tired and took a nap in the car.

My grandma was buried just 10 cm above my grandpa's body. His coffin is still there despite it being damaged or denatured. A pretty good dead man's chest aye.. It has been 6 years since his death. My mom told me that the soil there was dry and so the coffin could long-last <perhaps?>

It was a clear day. Luckily it didnt rain because during my grandpa's burial day, it was raining cats and dogs. It was dirty im telling you. PERIOD.

I saw some couple of relatives shedding tears. I became emotional too though. Im not the type of person who can cry easily in real-life situations but I joined the grief in mourning my grandma's death.



Nyama's coffin

<sorry; narcistic time, its rare for me to hold a huge camera like this.. its not mine...--">



putting down the coffin.


burying the tomb w/ soil



flower-ing. 





me w/ piuro 


After the ceremony, we went to eat at Nelayan Restaurant

the quail/pigeon/ dove/ i dunno.. the thing is it is burung dara.

sorry..carried away.. LOL.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top