Thursday, October 2, 2014

Basement Bookshop and WICKED

Today has been ultra fantastic! First off I went to the best bookstore called the Basement Bookshop near Railway Square and it sells lots of cheap books. We took hours just to wander around picking out books that we wanted to buy. Whoops, I forgot to mention that I went out with Sharon and Alvin that day and we had tons of fun.

I was feeling a little bit green today because you know what it is! It's going to be my first time watching a musical. The number one hit musical none other than WICKED. To green up my mood I wore green outfits. Super excited! I did not have the chance to memorise all the songs but knowing about 4-5 songs are decent enough.

comparison of Sharon's loot and my loot (yep mine was the right) I could not possibly wait to have the time to
start reading that first green book! Holiday come quick! 

went for dessert.
We wanted to eat durian pancakes but unfortunately the shop was closed and I did not know what other shops sell
durian pancakes. 


Dinner at a German-Thai fusion restaurant






this is the bomb but I forgot the dish's name




so excited! 











happy birthday IRENE! 




lookie who's here too


The theater was packed! Apparently, people are not allowed to bring backpacks. I could not believe that I was not allowed to get inside before I left my bag in the cloak room. Anyway, I was super excited. I know I have been repeatedly use the word "excited" so many times in this post. Pardon my lack of vocabulary skills and I don't have my thesaurus open. Let's just bare with the limited vocabulary blogger such as myself as I go on explaining how magical the musical is. 

We sat in the dresser area which was on top (second floor) and was quite far away from the stage. We could see the orchestra playing beneath the stage. The stage was beautifully decorated although I was expecting a grander stage as it turned out that the stage was smaller than I had expected it to be. No photos were allowed inside, but I could see that people were taking snapshots WITH their flash mode on. But being a civilised person that is trying to obey imposed rules, I decided to stick with the rule and restrain myself from taking snapshots. Besides, I stupidly left my camera inside my backpack. I am so sure if I had taken that with me, the security would definitely took it away too. 

As I sat down (I know you might have been thinking, I still have not moved on to the next topic and still stuck to the part where I was still sitting down, well hold your horses and just bare with me), I felt goosebumps all over me and was incredibly ecstatic! Maybe deep down my central nervous system or just my brain (in a simplistic way), I could feel dopamine overstimulating the reward pathway. I know this is such a random way to describe something in a drug addiction metaphor. But oh well, I couldn't care less, I am watching WICKED !!! 

When the curtains opened, and the music was starting and actors suddenly to emerge, I was dumbfounded. The dresses were AHMAZING! I adore the costumes where they are in the Emerald City. They are super urban chic and GREEN! I think I am just a bit bias here. Everything green gains a favor from me. Talk about money green (ba dum tss). 

My favorite scenes include Dancing through life, Defying Gravity, For Good, The Wizard and I, I'm not that girl. Elphaba is gorgeous! She has the most beautiful voice (Well duuh she's the main role). Watching a musical is definitely worth the money. 

1 comment:

Back To Top